Slimes in Swamp King not triggering blocks (NEVERMIND, I FAILED TO RTFC)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Susurrus in Gloaming, Jun 29, 2021.

1. I have been seeing this for a while (I do this module a lot), but often I am facing enemies in this module and getting hit with no blocks triggering. It just happened twice in a row while I was facing a Tan Mold. It used Poisoned Bite, and my Laser Block and Subtle Parry did not trigger (but my Dodge did!). Then on the next round it used Poisoned Psuedopod on me and the Laser Block and Subtle Parry again were not triggered. No rolls made. Both attack cards say melee on them so the Subtle Parry should have worked, but Laser Block says BLOCK ANY anyway.

I believe in past encounters the Ocher Slimes have also been cheating my blocks.

(EDIT: Tan Mold just added insult to injury and entangled same character with no Laser Block check, then another Poisoned Bite with no block checks!)

2. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Just checking:
    Would you happen to be on Mud Terrain?
    [​IMG]

3. Thanks, that must explain it. I don't recall if I was on mud, but I don't think I ever noticed that part of the card, so very likely that's the reason my blocks didn't work. Oops!:oops: Is my face red....[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    Kornl and ParodyKnaveBob like this.