Short downtime while we upgrade the forums

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

There will be a short downtime today while we upgrade the forums to fix a critical security error. Shouldn't be too long.

Pawndawan and DunDunDun like this.
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

When is the downtime? and can you add these forum trophies?

3. Jon

It's already complete.

DunDunDun likes this.
  4. Jon

I wonder if @Flaxative or @Pengw1n would have time to do the trophies?

5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Wow, that was quick I was expecting it to take like 10 minutes or something.

6. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Whats that, the forums have been hacked into?

7. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Not necessarily. Every once in a while, software manufacturers issue a new update/patch fixing security issues.

When something like that happens, it's worth updating to the latest version as soon as possible, even though your infrastructure hasn't been attacked yet.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  8. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I couldn't help it. After achieving ascension to Cardotron 4000, I knew the only way to near the perfection of Jon's Cardotron 5000 state was to infiltrate the source of his power.

Since the game itself had legions of berserker mutant space gnomes defending its access points, I knew the only entry point would be through the forums..

Sadly, I was thwarted midway by a cleverly placed plate of cookies.

Curse them and their insightful security measures!

9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I never understood what was up with you and those Gnomes.

10. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

It's an old D&D gag. There's also similar mention in Fable, and similar associations in certain WoW memes/songs.
    More notably, there was a short lived internet meme about evil [lawn] gnomes several years back.

Having the gnomes in this game as insane, taunting, whirlwinding berserkers just sealed the association in my mind.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I can add trophies? ... I'll look into that :)

12. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I'm already on it btw (had to look into forum permissions). :)

Sadly it looks like almost all of the ones suggested by timeracers are impossible, due to the limits of the current trophy options. :(

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  13. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

While we're talking about forum features: I'd like to bring up increasing the PM limit beyond 5 players to allow better in-guild communication.

I think it be could done manually by request, but if it's possible maybe the limit could be increased based on some measure of veteranship (time in the community, trophies earned, etc).

Sir Veza, Flaxative and Drakkan like this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Ah right I was going to talk to @Jon about doing this for guild leaders.

Vakaz likes this.
  15. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

While you're at it, push on the matter of an in-game guild chat tab.
    It'd be a major game component in making pvpers feel engaged, and, well, it's obviously somewhat massive for helping my co-op grouping based guild out :)

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Seeing as guilds aren't even in-game right now, don't expect this anytime soon.

17. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Rather than turn CardHunter into the perfect chat client, perhaps it would be worth looking into having an official, hosted instance of something like teamspeak? (I'm sure there are text-only variants of that sort of thing as well.)

DunDunDun likes this.
  18. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

!Dislike
    :rolleyes:

19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

While I'm perfectly fine with the officially-unofficial guilds system we have right now, it would be nice if BM started working on an unofficially-official implementation, possibly to be released along the next big expansion.

Also that was completely off-topic I suppose.

DunDunDun and Flaxative like this.