Server Maintenance May 27 2021 09:00 UTC+1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sir Civil, May 26, 2021.

1. Sir Civil

Sir Civil Administrator Staff Member

Greetings Card Hunters!
    The server maintenance will take place on Thursday, May 27, starting at 09:00 am UTC +1. The game will be unavailable for 3 hours.
    Local times:
    • [CET]: 10:00 am - 01:00 pm
    • [EST]: 04:00 am - 07:00 am
    • [PST]: 01:00 am - 04:00 am
    There will be a small 20-30 MB patch, which consists of things necessary for new skins.

2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Reason for posting:
    Gotta say, appreciating the fact that Portentous Proclamations now states this stuff.

Now that I'm here, um:
    Gotta say, I suppose maybe you all are in UTC +1, which is totally convenient for you, but wouldn't it be more standardized to print UTC-0 time, which is the Cardhuntrian time zone as well? $;^ J

3. Sir Civil

The timezones are always tricky and it's get even more ridicoulus with summer time. But sure, we can do UTC 0.

timeracers and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  4. ParodyKnaveBob

Yeah, I hate Daylight Saving Time. $:^ [ American Ben Franklin was a genius, and did many fine things for us all, but his DST mess needs to go.

5. ParodyKnaveBob

Someone privately pointed out to me that Mr. Franklin didn't invent DST. Okay. I know that he came up with it long before someone else implemented it, but in doing a quick look-up, I see the fine scholars at Wikipedia (with only partial citation..) assert that Mr. Franklin's DST proposal was a joke. I can't put that past him. And then, someone else came along later who actually thought it was a good idea (~exhale~), and here we are. Therefore, if that's all the case, then I apologize for sullying the name of the 1776 Court Jester.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    fatcat__25 likes this.
  6. Sir Civil

Due to minor issue, maintenance must be extended for additional 2 hours. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.