Send me your Iconic builds!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by theisb, Oct 22, 2015.

1. theisb

theisb Kobold

EDIT:

Hey, I tried this a couple weeks back and got nothing, much to my sad surprise! If anyone's up for it, I'd still love to see your weirdest/wackiest/themeiest builds and the cards they comprise. If you've ever gmed a trpg before, you'll know that any inspiration helps!

Hi, I'm going to be running a D&D campaign on roll20 with a cardhunter theme, in dedication to this fantastic game. If you want to participate, or just want to brag/hypothesize/chat/help me out with ideas, post your most Iconic builds here, and anyone willing to help me test out the campaign would be greatly appreciated!

Conditions are:
    Minimal ebola-ser builds,
    Style over power! If I see a parrying over a black cat.....
    PvP point buy, unless it's for flavour.
    Extra points for using cards no-one else is!

Can't wait to see what you've got,
    Chris

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    Flaxative likes this.
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Just to make sure there's no confusion, how are you meaning Iconic builds? $:^ ]

GregarFalzar likes this.
  3. theisb

theisb Kobold

I mean builds with a cool theme to them, not particularly optimized or powerful, and I'd try and make them into pathfinderish characters. I run a couple of different DnD sessions, and wanted to do a card hunter themed one for my sunday group. I was hoping to grab a couple people to test it out on roll20 with me, but no-one ever gave it a go or posted any.

4. Well, the most common decks in pvp are like:
    Burst wizards (Searing Pain or Blue Destruction) paired with a priest running Savage Curse.
    Volcano wizards with Accelerate Time and priest support with Bless.
    Elven Maneuvers elf warriors stacking Vicious Thrust.
    Vampire priests running Focused Healer attacking with Spear Of Darkness and the ilk as a free action.
    Nimble Strike dwarf warriors flying all over the place with Blind Rage and other buffs on (this would probably be pretty funny in D&D and PF).

Not really a PvE player but I commonly see:
    Dwarf wizards not giving a **** as they Firestorm friends and foe alike and then turning the floor underneath them into lava with Volcano.
    Priests stacking Impenetrable Nimbus and laugh as the stupid AI hits the nimbused person.

There are also other silly builds like Lunging Bash builds or Radiation Bomb builds.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    seth arue and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  5. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Correct would be: Burst wizards with Searing Pain or Searing Pain or Searing Pain or Searing Pain or .... or Blue Destruction. It has been a very long time I have seen a blue destruction. :p

That are the old fashioned Stab Vamps. The newer ones are using more Invigorating Touches from the Draining Console.

Missing are the stabby elves with Double-edged Sword plus Flanking Moves as well as the nuking priests with Cursed Radcannon. Sometimes I see smoke and parry, which could be cool for D&D. A wizard throwing Smoke Bombs and sending in the clowns eh... warriors. And also rare these days, but still present is the control wizard with dozens of Telekinesis and some Gusts of War.

Of course there are all the priest with blood and vengeance and ...

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.