Scenario: Cats, Imps and Kobold

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Vlamona, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Please test my board. Tell me what you think and how many tries you needed to win.

Edit: Try version 4

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Won in one try, it was not hard but I did get very lucky with how the Imps and Trolls moved.
    One of my cats died at the very end by mighty bludgeon because I wasnt paying enough attention, but the rest won on full hp because of healing.

Improvements:
    • Add lower doodads and doodads outside the board.
    • Add another Imp to make it harder.
    • Take the AI's VP total down to about 2/3 so that the player cannot lose more than 1 character.
    • Add some difficult terrain here:
    • Difficult terrain for CIK.jpg
    I was actually planning on suggesting MM scenarios to you after seeing your MP board designs but you beat me to here.
    Anyway, this is good for a first map. Even very good!

3. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Why the difficult terrain? I don't want to slow down the trolls further.

4. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

I made a harder version. One more enemy imp and no kobold. I beat it with some difficulty.

5. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Realised a flaw. You could refrain from destroying the door to the outside and let your cats blast the trolls from inside. So i changed it so that if either of your imps die, you lose.

6. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

I had a few attempts at V3. I like the concept a lot, and playing as Psi Cats is fun. It took me a few tries, so the difficulty's there now. :) Thoughts:

• I think the map is a little too big, especially the house. I'd make the side furthest from the imps one line shorter. It would just cut down on rounds where I'm doing nothing but using move cards.
    • I think the house could still use a couple more doodads, especially where the zombie room is.
    • I agree with BVD about the difficult terrain. An unfortunate troll charge there at the moment and it's over, especially with the new loss condition.
    I like what you have so far, though. I don't want to seem dismissive. Does it have a story?

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  7. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

I deleted one line from the map. I changed the look to something more sinister.

I did not add difficult terrain. When the trolls are coming near, you should run away.

I have a story in mind.

8. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

Love the new look. :)