Sacred Shroud displaying wrong position in hand

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by ParodyKnaveBob, May 13, 2017.

1. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Howdy.

@Fanturluche and I faced off in ranked. Due to the intensity of the match, (Fanturluche rolling my dice every other turn, and for some reason I kept making really stupid mistakes,) I skipped trying to set up a decent screenshot or anything. Due to the complexity of the match, (Fanturluche rolling my dice every other turn, lol,) I'm attaching the entire log. After I post this, I'll try to pick out the relevant parts and update.

In short, Memory Loss hit a character with three cards in hand, and the middle card got discarded. This is the third time I've seen this I think, and the second time for sure. (The second time, my low-end computer crashed before I could copy the log, hence my not posting anything; I don't recall my opponent, but it was within this past week methinks. The first time, maybe, was some good while back, and I probably thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.)

Oddly enough, Sacred Shroud was the oldest card skipped both times. The other time (where I couldn't get the log), I played Loss on a character, only to remove a Lifesaving Block (I think the second oldest card again) instead of the Shroud. This time, Fanturluche removed my Purge instead of the Shroud.

EDIT: I'm still pruning the file to c/p into the post, but in the meantime, this occurs fairly early in the match if anyone cares to pore over. Probably the first 3-5 rounds, maybe the first 2-3.

EDIT: Wow. Purge was drawn before Sacred Shroud, round 1, but Sacred Shroud showed to be older. Then, the Memory Loss hits round 2. I'll replace I've replaced the raw log with a much truncated version in a moment. (Thanks to Fanturluche for bringing attention to this possibility in World Chat in the first place while I was typing the original post. ~nodnod~)

EDIT: Finally, the seemingly relevant parts of the log:

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Event=StartGame
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Msg=Starting round 1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Event=Attachment Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Event=Draw Phase Initiated

BATTLE LOG: Player=Fanturluche,Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Msg=ParodyKnaveBob drew Dash for [SRC] Beltoll'r
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Msg=ParodyKnaveBob drew Purge for [SRC] Beltoll'r
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Msg=ParodyKnaveBob drew Sacred Shroud for [SRC] Beltoll'r
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Msg=ParodyKnaveBob drew Bad Luck for [SRC] Beltoll'r

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Msg=Starting round 2

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Event=Draw Phase Initiated

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Msg=ParodyKnaveBob drew Dash for [SRC] Beltoll'r
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Msg=ParodyKnaveBob drew Defender's Block for [SRC] Beltoll'r
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Msg=ParodyKnaveBob drew Weak Chop for [SRC] Beltoll'r

BATTLE LOG: Player=Fanturluche,Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Event=PlayAction,Action=Memory Loss,Instigator=Gromik,Targets=[SRC] Beltoll'r
    stopTimer 0 1019
    startTimer 1 937
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ParodyKnaveBob vs Fanturluche,RoomID=725743,Group=[SRC] Beltoll'r,Event=Discard,Card=Purge

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I can confirm I did see the Sacred Shroud as the card to be discarded.
    My part of the log, probably useless though:

Attached Files:

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Oh yeah this used to happen to me a lot in campaign when I used to use sacred shroud. Never thought much of it thinking it was a normal occurrence because it also happens to holy armor and some other cards if I recall correctly which lead me to believe it was just some game mechanic I did not know about.
    Just passing by confirming the above.

5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Is this explained by the fact that boost armor goes on the "stack" and so isn't present in your hand when you're attacked.

6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

It's not a Boost. Just Armor.