Rudolpho speaks of "clubs"

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Knight, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

The only sinister clubs I can think of are the one that comes with bashing, so likely some sort of guilds - but what use will they be apart from a glorified friends list, unless... there's (even more) super secret stuff planned to go with it?

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Dibs on Sir Knight,Phaselock,SurgeonFish,Gabbek,Pengw1n,Jayce,... and so on!

4. Sir Knight

Membership limited. There's a written entry exam.

5. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I think he means for massive club weapons, I could see myself using Wozarg as a weapon against unsuspecting noobs

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

"Something else"

7. SurgeonFish

Club = subscription model?

Just me thinking aloud...

8. Pengw1n

Possibly, but why would a subscription require assets apart from a tiny marker on your login screen saying you're a member? Hm. Sneaky stuff.

9. SurgeonFish

Well most f2p games nowadays have a bonus to being a sub member. I'm assuming its no different that they wana offer a service to those members

10. Pengw1n

True, but I would have expected that to be part of the beta blog if that was the case - as that could affect how people spend money on the game (unless you get membership based on pizza bought somehow). Guess we'll see!

11. Sir Knight

Another possibility would be a "trophy" or "ranking" system (different from the multiplayer ranking number). As in: "Because you did so well, you are now a member of the Totally Awesome Gamers Club!"

12. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

From Rudolpho's tweet:
    Clear club_locked flag on all treasure items when purchasing club.

Hmm...

13. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Club is just a fancy word for shillelagh.

Grombak likes this.
  14. Sir Knight

Yes, well, now they're having fun with us:

.@FarbsMcFarbs - Back end and network work for club items (there's a clue for ya!)
    .@OfficialBenLee - Added club glass art
    .@FarbsMcFarbs - GUI work for club item thing. Needs layout work and new chest gfx, otherwise pretty much done.

I'd hesitated to say this before, but it could be yet another of those places where their "tabletop-game-with-a-card-game-with-a-metastory game" nomenclature is just funky. A use for Treasure items? That requires "glass art"? I was thinking sort-of "account trophies" earlier, but it really could be a "trophy case" for all your pretty loot. A "collectors club"? (With its own treasure chests? I dunno.)

15. Pengw1n

Yeah, this is getting intriguing. Also, we shouldn't have let them know we're actively spying on them... darn.

(treasure item cabinet sounds like it could be a possibility)

16. SurgeonFish

Polly gona suprise us and we will be like "aww that's not what I was expecting... but this is cool!"

17. Pengw1n

Hmmm... extra loot for subscribers/club members?

18. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

maybe it's a reward club?
    I.E You hit things with it till rewards come out.

19. Sir Knight

Oh, I get it. Sometimes you get a piñata and then hit it with a stick; sometimes you get a stick and go looking for "piñatas."

20. Pengw1n

Well, it's up on the test servers - but I don't feel comfortable to say what it is, even with the non-nda state. It doesn't look to be something we haven't guessed at least... :)