Rockfall terrain does not replace Wall of Stone terrain

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Sir Knight, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I placed the three Wall sections from Wall Of Stone, which are terrain attachments. Then I cast Rockfall, creating Difficult Terrain That Technically Isn't Named on the Card. Terrain can only have one attachment at a time, and I was led to understand that new terrain replaces old, but I wound up with rubble on either side of Wall Terrain (even where there was literally no line of sight or path available), with the Wall standing untouched.

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I may be wrong but doesn't wall of stone turn the squares into impassable terrain which cant have terrain attachments on it? That would make some kind of sense i personally think but i could be wrong. Not that i think you are wrong for reporting it and making sure its just my reasoning for it working that way.

3. Sir Knight

Making sense: yes and no. If "Impassable" is the one exception to the "terrain can only have one attachment at a time, and new terrain replaces old" rule, such was never explained. One COULD say it's logical; conversely, one could say that lava and acid have good reason to replace a wall.

And, further, don't forget the last bit: I wound up with rubble on the far side of Wall Terrain where there was literally no line of sight or path available. The "Burst" went straight through the "Impassable" Wall.

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I wasn't sure from which angle you cast that thats why i didn't comment but yes fair enough

5. Sir Knight

If it makes it clear: this was the last battle in Lord Batford's Manor. Lord Batford hides in a small room with a single-tile exit. I plugged the three possible access points to that single tile, then cast Rockfall away on a diagonal. The rubble magically appeared in the single tile. Like so:
    Code:
    RRROO
    RWWWO
    IIRII
    OOOOO
    O = Open
    W = Wall Terrain created by a card
    I = Impassable terrain already on the map (i.e., normal walls)
    R = Rubble created by a card

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Right that is really weird even if you forget about if the wall is non replaceable or not the rubble shouldn't be on the other side.

7. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

That sounds like rockfall is misbehaving. Checking into it.

8. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

No attachments should appear on the wall itself, since you can't affected a blocked square in any way. However, the burst shouldn't go through a wall either. A screenshot with the target of the burst drawn on it would be awesome to track this one down.

9. Sir Knight

Screenshot? Yeahhh, about that . . .

I dunno if I'll get such a lovely fluke again, but I'll see if it happens. Meanwhile, if you can read the code example I typed there, the target of the card is the exact top left corner. Obviously, rubble extends beyond the top and left sides of my masterpiece drawing as appropriate for the space in the level (as I recall, there was one other pillar somewhere, but it didn't matter to the issue).

10. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This should be fixed in the next build.