Rise of the Custom Map

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by SurgeonFish, Jun 11, 2013.

1. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I'm curious to see all of your designs. As our players get more creative and show off their custom maps, I get more excited to see the next map. This thread is to organize all of the custom maps into an easy to browse format.

Please if you have any designs feel free to show us!

The Burglars by MikeF

Forgotten Hoard by Neofalcon

MP Bar Room Brawl by Oberon

The Book of Faces by Pengw1n

The Cursed Cannibals by Fury

Jayce:
    Unspeakable Forest Dungeon
    8-bits

Farbs:
    Zombie Wave Attack
    The Legend of Cardhuntria
    The Great Wall
    Two Forts

Lance:
    Treasure Island
    Shipwreck
    The Arena

Evolved:
    The Defiled Septum
    Shattered Mausoleum

If I have not listed your map than feel free to let me know and link your map!

[Yet to be done]
    Add pictures, links to users, shrink thread urls to link off names

Jayce, Gnug315, Grombak and 5 others like this.
  2. SurgeonFish

[reserved]

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

4. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Done. Good call SurgeonFish!

5. TheLAD

TheLAD Kobold

Suggestion - a guide to how to play these custom maps in the opening / 2nd post? I'm almost certain I could do a quick search and find out exactly what to do with the downloaded files for each map, but if this is going to be a big summary topic it might be useful to have.

6. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

7. Renfield007

Renfield007 Kobold

Wait, there's a way to make our own maps and modules?? I have got to go find more info on that...

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I found the cheat code to get into the editor, but because I'm not a club member I can't test the result. Does anyone know how the game treats holes in the board (from deleted tiles)? I'd like them to be Impassable rather than Blocked.

9. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Holes used to be treated as Blocked, but that was before Jon added Impassable. I suspect it's still the case though.

10. JayBrand

JayBrand Kobold

Great initiative, Fish :)

11. SurgeonFish

You look familiar =P

12. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Should there be a cap to the number of victory stars in custom scenario ?

[​IMG]

Lance likes this.
  13. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Quite possibly. Although, for deck testing proposes not having a cap is great. As a result I was able to achieve what I believe to be the most damage to visit the world of card hunter. (Although, I am working on besting my own record with quadrupedal digit damage.)

I posted the video here: http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/damage-bragging-all-out-attack.2177/

14. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Here is a recorded walk through of designing a custom map using the board editor.

Phaselock, Farbs and Pengw1n like this.
  15. Fury

Fury Kobold

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've been playing around with the board editor, but I can't test my results because I'm not a club member. (Please tell me if I'm doing the spawns and markers wrong.) Here's what I have so far:

Choke Points
    My first map. The holes are supposed to be Impassable; if the game treats them as Blocked I'll have to fill them in with water.

Improvised
    I was feeling silly today and made this. I don't know if I'm the first to have this idea, but it would be worth it if just one person laughs. And it may even be a decent board.

Attached Files:

17. Fury

Fury Kobold

Speaking of markers, I have no idea what those are. What are they?

18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

They are where your dead units go to when they leave the board. Check out tons of bug posts where markerless boards caused mayhem with dead units.

The dead do not suffer the living !

19. Fury

Fury Kobold

So I definitely did not set those, and my scenarios played out fine, and I never noticed. Do I still need to mark them?

20. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Nah. If the markers are missing then dying characters just fly off the board and never land anywhere. I keep forgetting to add them on my custom maps too.
    (It turned out that the bug with dead characters remaining on the lowermost square was unrelated.)