[RESOLVED] Savage Curse and Volcano?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dwedit, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

When I play a Volcano when under a savage curse, I don't have to discard anything. Is it supposed to be like this or not? Is Volcano considered an attack?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

This should be like this for every ground attachment.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Dwedit, Savage Curse triggers when you play an attack that deals damage, and Volcano doesn't deal damage as part of its casting.

Pengw1n likes this.
  4. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Text for Savage Curse again:
    Attach to target. Target adds 4 damage to any damaging Attacks they play. Each time target plays an Attack they discard their oldest card.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The card text should be clearer. War Cry and SPR and other nondamaging attacks do not trigger either part of Savage Curse AFAIK.

esthkol likes this.
  6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yep, I should clarify the card text.

ParodyKnaveBob and esthkol like this.
  7. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Jon, i would like to point to this again. I wanted to make a forum post about it, then i found this.

I don't understand why it couldn't just react to any attack card being played. As long as a card played is red, discard oldest.

But by all means clarify if that is how it's meant to work. ;)

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Interesting thing is that the discard only triggers if the attack tries to do damage. If you play a step attack but do not use the attack part, you don't discard. (You also don't lose your action point if part of a minion group; this is really useful in Turret Tango.)

9. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

I support the text clarification over any change in functionality. Especially since the other Frenzy effects don't boost the non-damaging attack cards, and terrain-attaching attack cards that don't immediately deal damage cannot be blocked.

Wondering how one would even go about blocking a Volcano ...

Haxzploid and Sir Veza like this.
  10. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

With a very large cork I'd assume.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This is fixed in AI.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.