Release 3.90 (18 Nov 2015)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Halloween has come to an end but a new Mauve Manticore and the new Aloyzo items should compensate. A few more bug fixes in here too.

Halloween
    • Shut the Halloween store.
    Aloyzo's Arsenal
    • Added Storge's Proboscis, Scar of the Hero, and Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle
    Mauve Manticore
    • Released Mauve Manticore 11
    Cards
    • Added attack types to Mad Dog and Festering Guts.
    • Fixed trigger log text for Arcane Curse and Arcane Feedback.
    • Dimensional Traveller, Slippery & Blink should no longer trigger in hand for any reason.

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

The noLoot tag wasn't applied to the promotional items.

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Damnit.

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Why is Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle a legendary?
    (2355,Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle,Vicious Circle,Legendary,19,1,39,2,2,Violent Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,,,,,Weapon,,AA10,,3,,)

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Good question. A rare and 5 identical commons should upgrade to an epic, I thought. :confused:

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

And they didn't add a manual rarity that tells it to be a legendary.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Maybe we all understand the rarity formula a bit less well than we thought we did.

8. billiska

billiska Ogre

Lol, did those card trigger in hand if the opponent play accelerate time or what?

9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Very possible. But I would say that it would be very nice on future community choices if the rarity was officially identified before voting begins then! As a collector I would have voted for anything before a legendary item unless I thought it was off the charts awesome. I have little doubt there are others that would have voted similarly.

If it's community choice, shouldn't each member of the community have access to the information to vote on what they find important about an item? I chose not to vote because it was down to two items that had been identified by a forum member that they were both epic. It was reasonable to assume these identifications were correct since one had already been corrected. Since I didn't have a strong preference either way on the two items, and the only thing I really cared about appeared to be the same, I abstained. Had I known (and maybe this was the case for others as well), I would have absolutely voted for one that was epic over legendary! :(

10. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Of course, we now can't really be sure that Pressing Problems would be epic what with all this happening.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

You mean the one that was corrected by Flaxative to specifically say it was epic?

12. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

Also it is indicated as being in epic in Flax's handy AA4 review page, though Scar of the Hero is colored as an uncommon when it shows up in-game as a common.

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Is this the first item to have exactly 5 copies of a Common or Uncommon card?

14. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Copper Spear has 5 Commons and 1 Uncommon. And it's an uncommon.

It's the first item to have a rare and 5 commons though.

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for Mauve Manticore #11, @Fanturluche, @LeisureSuitLoli, @adajon and Flaxative! It was frustrating and rewarding in a pleasurable ratio. I was entertained and suitably stimulated to think. What more could a player ask for? I appreciate a lot the volunteer efforts you gentlepersons put into your creations.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Scar of the Hero @ uncommon was a brainfart (which I've since fixed). Vicious Circle at legendary is curious. It's the first item in the game with its distribution of card rarities.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  17. Copper Spear has 5 copies of a common card, 1 copy of another common card, and is only uncommon, suggesting that 5 copies of a common card only increases the item's rarity by 1. I can't find a logical explanation.

18. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Perhaps it is the one rare care that increases the rarity. I don't know what the big deal is; find items, don't find items. It is what it is.

That being said, all of these new items look wonderfully perfect to sell so I can obtain my 4th Painful Flashstaff or or 3rd Axander's Robes.
    Thank you for placing more items to use in the money-making game for me. I appreciate it. :D

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It seems so. If you could find and share the answer, it would be greatly appreciated.
    So how 'bout that Heartripper? ;)

After farming for more than 2 years and still not finding a Godtouched Mace to complete my basic set, it galls me that I unknowingly voted for a new legendary. I don't blame anyone for the confusion, but I would like to have it cleared up.

Melancthon and Scarponi like this.
  20. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

Slightly unrelated but I really love the design of Storge's Proboscis. Actually, the artwork for the AA winning items is always 0n point. :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Maniafig like this.