Release 2.24.3 (8 July 2014)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This build contains a bunch of behind the scenes work that's needed before implementing balance changes that are upcoming.

The tutorial system has undergone an extensive rework that should correct a lot of the issues that are causing new players to get stuck.

The client loading is being tweaked again. Let us know if you see any more issues loading it, like the white screen some people have been experiencing (we're always particularly interested in knowing what you see without a browser refresh or cache clear).

Winning league games was tweaked in the last release to increase your renown, but this had the side effect of accelerating your subsequent rating advancement when you won a ranked multiplayer game. This should now be corrected as league wins are tracked separately from ranked game wins.

We also fixed at least one crash bug and put in a fix that should allow any future stuck/crashed games to be ended by choosing not to reconnect to them.

Client
    • Skip options transfer step with a setting. Better handle failures to load flash player plugin.
    • Add a message in the swf that updates saved options to inform users who have cached html/javascript that they need to clear their cache.
    Tutorial
    • Implemented new server side tutorial flag and progress system (should fix a lot of stuck tutorial issues).
    • Replaced the existing player account system to allocate the initial free characters with a flag system.
    • Disable multiplayer button from world screen and landing until tutorial is complete.
    • Fix the done button not being shown in deck builder after resume if you quit just while moving into levelling up.
    • Removed a bunch of old tutorial code.
    • Reworked the post-tutorial adventure reveal to be more robust.
    • Move all players from the old tutorial keep to the new permanent keep.
    • Ensure that all post-tutorial adventures are shown for those who've recruited all their free characters.
    • Fixed the free character DB patch to set the free flags more consistently with tutorial progress.
    • Added back the reminder about recruiting a wizard if you drop out of the tutorial half way.
    Optimisation
    • Campaign flags aren't deleted - use a "set" column to track unset flags.
    Cards
    • Movement effects (violent spin, muscle through) always apply to enemies before allies.
    • Added an extra check in block component that should fix a potential null pointer crash when checking Cause Fumble or Defender's Block for a dead card holder.
    Leagues/Multiplayer
    • Added gold leagues for Artifact Anarchy, Chess Madness, Class of Geomancy and Wicked Waterways.
    • Added a new record for league games won.
    • Winning a league game increases league win count, not ranked win count.
    • Lobby ratings update when changed.
    Reconnection
    • Fixed instruction serialisation. Allows reconnection to a battle that has instructions on the queue.
    • Force loss instruction forces processing even if the battle has stalled.
    Figures
    • Fixed missing SE orientation for winter Elf Warrior figure.
    Cheats
    • Fixed some client battle debug info cheats not to crash when not in battle.

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Just logged in after the new build was up: Started at MP, everything was normal. Then switched to the Campaign, the Keep "appeared" and Gary popped up and said something about "The Keep is your new home check it out." (I finished a full run of the campaign a long time ago.) And I couldn't drag the map until I went to the Keep and Gary popped up again, something like: "You can access your collection here."

After that everything seemed normal, but it was strange to get the Keep intro again. For what it's worth, it's possible that the last place I was before the new build was the Keep - but I'm not sure.

3. Jon

Yes, this is an unfortunate side-effect of the tutorial rework. It should only happen to you once though.

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Got it. As long as it's expected behavior I have no worries about it.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I got the same Keep-related pop-ups as Scarponi.

6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Glad to see that muscle trough got his fix. I remember being puzzled about it, since i felt it would be only natural to use it to exchange an opponent character with your own man. Now, if the card was only as widespread as violent spin...

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Hmm, now every time I enter the campaign screen Gary pops up and says "You've seen how useful Priests can be. Head to the Tavern and I'll let you recruit one for yourself." Is there any way to stop this pop-up from recurring without recruiting a priest? (Again, not a big deal I guess if spending 10 gold will eliminate it.)

Also I've had Gary show up a couple additional times since the new build saying something about "That Shamaan had nice loot." I don't remember the trigger for this one.

8. Jon

OK, you got stuck in the tutorial. I've fixed your account - anyone else who sees the same problem let me know.

9. Jon

You only see it once though, right?

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Thanks! Looks like Gary has left me alone for now. How bad a player must I be if Gary thought I need to learn CH again from the beginning?! :oops:

Sir Veza and Jon like this.
  11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes, it was only a one-time thing. Sorry about being unclear about it.

Jon likes this.
  12. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

I apologise in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, but has anybody else noticed a slowdown in the inventory loading again? The optimisation a while ago made a huge difference, but the client seems to take a while to load all those images again for me.

Didn't want to raise a bug or support thread as it's quite possible that it's just my connection (or just server load at the times when I'm playing).

13. Jon

Nothing should have changed here. If anyone else is seeing this slowdown, please let me know.

wavy likes this.
  14. progammer

progammer Ogre

Not sure if it's just me, but i'm stuck having Gary telling me to go to the shop to sell my amber shard (from tutorial). Since I don't have one right now, the message won't go away. Can still play normally otherwise.

(I do get the "Keep is your new home" as well, it's also just a once time thing.)

15. Jon

I see. I think I've fixed that for you. Let me know if not.

progammer likes this.
  16. progammer

progammer Ogre

Yep, its gone

17. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Yay!:D

18. I hadn't played Oozeball since this particular patch, so I don't know if people have reported as such, but my Violent Spin affected my team first in the two games I played it. Muscle Through works as claimed.

Robauke likes this.
  19. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yeah I noticed that too a few days back but forgot to report.

20. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I noticed that in the test server as well, it seems it's not fixed yet.