Release 1.38 (24 Oct 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Happy Halloween! This build includes the new Halloween items (limited time only!), Halloween figures (probably also limited time) and Halloween multiplayer boards. Enjoy!

In addition, spectator mode should be much improved and we've added Snoozi to keep games alive.

There's an experimental feature added where we try to flash the browser tab when you join a battle while tabbed away from the game (for example, if you are waiting in the ranked queue). This doesn't work so well in IE so it's off by default. If you'd like to try it out, go to the Options panel and toggle "Battle Alert" to on.

Halloween Stuff
    • Added the special halloween store.
    • Added halloween loot items.
    Figures
    • Added the halloween figures.
    Battle UI
    • Fixed upside down dialog background for upper groups.
    Multiplayer
    • Rotated in the Halloween boards.
    • Added Snoozi.
    • Cleaned up chat Send button layout
    • Fixed mouse pointer change over user list item
    • Brought user list item formatting in line with other user text
    • Game over banner can show reason for win/loss and does so for idle timeouts.
    • Flash browser tab when joining an MP battle (defaults to off).
    Shops
    • Added per-store shopkeeper icons.
    • Item price sort pays attention to buyback.
    Cards
    • Fixed Icy Block keywording (fixes Pathfinding not discarding attached Icy Block).
    Spectating
    • Turn banners swap in spectator mode.
    • Show player names on turn banners.
    • UI highlighting to show player turn works in spectator mode.
    • Spectator victory banner shows who won and lost.
    • Fixed large cards for upper player when spectating.
    Hints
    • Added post-loss battle hints for Viscous Tombs adventure
    • Added post-loss hints for Arena Qualifier and Arena Round 1 adventures.
    Adventures
    • Resume adventure in pre-adventure deckbuilder context when appropriate to (fixes some oddities with chests and pre-battle party modification).
    • Client moves items from the chest to inventory when clicking "take all and continue".
    Boards
    • Fixed bad corner tile in Astral Vespers
    • Fixed error in Wizard's Workshop level 3 board

Bandreus, Megadestructo and Pengw1n like this.
  2. KT Chong

KT Chong Orc Soldier

Are the Halloween figures limited to only one-time, or are they returning every Halloween?

3. Jon

We've already noted a board bug in the Halloween Crypt board. There will likely be a quick reboot tomorrow to fix this.

4. Jon

I think we'll probably bring them back next Halloween.

5. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

First cool things I notice are the improved visuals in battle UI, shops, and looting ("Take All and Continue"). Also, the fact that there are limited-time candy Treasures! Collector's items for sure!

First not-so-good thing is that this looting improvement plays the "put down an item" sound effect for every item at once. Get an end-of-module chest with a lot of items and the result is pretty loud.

7. KT Chong

KT Chong Orc Soldier

The tab of the webpage title says "null".

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Please specify what browser you're using if it's related to that. :)

9. KT Chong

KT Chong Orc Soldier

How long will the Halloween figures be available?

10. KT Chong

KT Chong Orc Soldier

My browser tab is supposed to show the name or title of the webpage. But your flash game webpage show "null". I think you guys forgot to put in a name or tile for your flash page.

11. Pengw1n

I meant it could be related to what browser you are running the game in - i e Firefox, explorer, Chrome or other. This can help sorting out the "null" value.

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The browser tab the game runs in shows "null" as the tab title for me also. Firefox 24.0 (latest version).

13. The Mask Makers

The Mask Makers Mushroom Warrior

Did something happen with the server? I can't log in atm.

14. Pengw1n

No issues here. Just logged in after your post - have you logged on since the halloween update?

15. The Mask Makers

I have. I was disconnected while playing a match just a little while ago and couldn't get back in.

And I was 2 wins away from the epic chest too...:(

16. Pengw1n

What kind of error message (if any) are you getting? Did you try clearing your cache, if something got corrupted there? Tried another browser or computer?

17. The Mask Makers

Everything just took longer than usual from the checking server status to the loading screen after I press log in.
    And a few times when I did succeed getting in the lobby I lost connection almost immediately and received this message.
    I just try clearing the cache and now I can't even get to the login screen. Sometimes I get a black blank page and sometimes it just freezes in the middle of loading.

18. Pengw1n

I'm guessing you might have a temporary connectivity issue since you managed to play earlier. If it persists I suggest opening a bug report. Don't think there's anything in the build that would cause this behaviour.

19. The Mask Makers

Well thanks for your responses. It seems to work again after I restarted my computer.

Pengw1n likes this.
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Same for me, also using Firefox 24.0. It starts off saying "Card Hunter", but changes to "null" when I enter combat (SP or MP) and stays that way. Also happens on the test server.