Release 1.30 (3 Oct 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This build contains a LOT of new things, so please bear with us if there are any teething problems.

The biggest change from our side should be invisible - we've split the games databases into parts which should help us with performance issues.

Apart from that, you might notice: new multiplayer boards, some lobby changes, the campaign will put you straight back into an adventure when you resume instead of going via the campaign world screen, new figures in the store, item buyback at the same price you sold things for(!) and pizza delivery animations. Phew!

Campaign
    • Entering campaign resumes adventure instead of going back to the world screen
    Figures
    • New Celestial figures available for purchase!
    Adventures
    • Wizard's Workshop is shorter (down to three battles)
    • Roaches in Morvin's Revenge merged into one group
    • Quote some database field names
    • Fixed some typos in scenario text
    • Fixed incorrect terrain in Black Forest - beech board
    • Fixed missing border on Orc
    Shops
    • Item buyback in shops. Items sold to a shop are priced at the sold price until the shop restocks or the sold items are re-purchased.
    Multiplayer
    • Rotated in the Celestial boards to ranked games.
    • Updated the room lists in the lobby. More info on the games in-progress, and a smaller box for casual games waiting for players.
    • Casual games box and active MP games box swapped positions and gave more room to the active games box.
    • Streams MP board spawn points are now symmetrical.
    • Disabled blinking lobby tab
    • There's now a minimum time to get back into a new match after a loss to discourage resigning without a fight.
    • Add /flip chat command
    Login
    • Reorder some calls at login time to prevent a possible database deadlock.
    Console
    • Add 'cls' as an alias for 'clearlog' in the console
    Cards
    • Reworded Bungled Heal and Squeamish rule text.
    Items
    • The Goldleaf Blade will no longer drop outside the introductory tutorial.
    Pizza
    • New delivery animations for basic edition and regular pizza purchases.
    • Added notifications of pizza delivery if the user is offline (delivered when you get back to the landing page).
    • Don't show the pizza delivery receipt for purchase of the basic edition.
    Tutorial
    • Reworked card draw tutorial to avoid GM cards being on screen while it is delivered.
    • Fixed an early tutorial prompt failing if you resume mid-loot
    • Reworded Gary's campaign opening speech a little
    • Fixes to tutorial state updates that might help some getting stuck bugs.
    Battle UI
    • Dice rolls and animated banners affected by animation speed setting
    • Animation speed scales speed linearly
    Hints
    • Fixed faulty hint for 2nd cockroach battle
    • New hints for Against the Cockroaches and Wizard's Workshop
    • Added a hint to Stafford's Cellar.
    Custom Games
    • Removed Melvolous the Lich from custom games
    Internal Stuff
    • Split databases into separate game/account/metrics. Should improve performance across the board.
    • New base version of the server software
    • Updated friend/block backend code to use a new storage mechanism, so we don't have to "friend" somebody before they can be blocked.
    • Fixed some metrics tracking calls

Jayce, Spooky2, Keyser and 3 others like this.
  2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

erm, I'm not seeing any change in the cards' text. Was it a behind the scenes change ?

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Most likely confusion about which release it was in.

4. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Nice to see progress! GJ! Keep it coming :)

BTW: Goldleaf Blade - how come this drops in the tutorial? Isn't it a bit too high to drop in lvl 1 adventures?

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

In the pre-tutorial - Greenfang fight. So it's never part of the inventory due to the "wipe" after that adventure.

6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Awesome. Thanks guys for the smooth update and all the fantastic work being put in the game!

Gnug315 likes this.
  7. Runan

Runan Mushroom Warrior

Nice update. And the female warrior looks awesome!

Ben_Lee and Bandreus like this.
  8. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I actually love all of the figures.

Ben_Lee likes this.
  9. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

I'm not a figurine collector, but mad props to the new figures. The geisha/samurai female really tempted me. They look awesome!

Ben_Lee likes this.
  10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Speaking of which, I think this is the fourth time you've removed Melvelous the Lich :)

11. Pengw1n

Apparenly he leaves quite the stain. Hard to rub out!

Zoorland likes this.
  12. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Goblin Champion

This is probably my favorite change to date. No longer will I have to rapidly click through animations!

Glad to see you guys doing these sorts of minor quality-of-life improvements - I really love seeing this stuff.

13. SwampHunter

SwampHunter Kobold

Great changes except for this one. Please add an option to only play AI matches if you're going to do this.

14. Cehu

Cehu Kobold

no friend function yet ? when will that be implemented??

Bandreus and GuitarHunter like this.
  15. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Will the old MP maps ever come back, and is there an upper bound of MP maps you want active at any given time? I, for one, like the new maps but I miss the old maps and would love to have them all rotating.

16. Danakir

Danakir Kobold

Now I'm really curious about this. I already have the basic edition though, any way I could get to see the new delivery animation for it anyway?[/QUOTE]

17. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

So do I misunderstand this, or did you guys just create an "ultra-legendary" item that some people have now, but no one else can get in future? I have no issues with the power level of the specific item, but this type of thing can drive collector's crazy. What was the issue with it dropping outside the tutorial fight against Greenfang?

Neofalcon and karadoc like this.
  18. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

I believe the issue was that it re-triggered the tutorial text from the introductory battle against Greenfang. I would have thought the more sensible thing to do would be to stop this happening than make it a "non-loot" item because, as you say, if some people already have it this would seem unfair. Maybe you can still find The Goldleaf Blade in shops?

19. Pengw1n

Probably, they rotated some maps during beta. There was a dungeon theme as well, so expect fluctuation.

20. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I thought the Goldleaf blade only dropped during the tutorial and you didn't get to keep it.

Also, Yay for buyback!