Recruiting - Beta tester testers!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Are you a Beta tester with a current account? Would you like to help us pre-test new builds before we push them live?

We have a test server where we upload test builds before moving them over to live deployment. Ideally we'd have a quality assurance team who would test these builds before we deploy them, but since we're an indie outfit, we can't afford that. So, if you have any interest in helping us out with this, please let me know.

The test server is small and not intended to be run all the time. What we'd like is to alert you that a new build is coming and then give you 24 hours or so to muck around with the build and see if it is broken before we release it. There's no commitment required on your part other than a general willingness to participate in this process when required.

We DON'T envisage the test server as a place to do long term play-testing - that's what the live server is for. It's purely a place to kick around new builds for a short period of time before they are deployed.

If you're interested in helping us out with this, send me a PM through the forums.

Thanks!

2. imMara

imMara Mushroom Warrior

Beta testing beta stuff before releasing them into the beta? Count me in. :)

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

4. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

I'm in, always glad to help out :)

5. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I'll do what I can for you guys

6. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Yup, I'm in.

7. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

I'm in.

8. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

QA :) I'm not in the beta yet though.

9. Dervill

Dervill Mushroom Warrior

Count me in...if I get in the latest beta distribution.

10. ChadTheRad

ChadTheRad Mushroom Warrior

I'm up for it if chosen,stay up half the day to level to max,I'll do what i can to help,in beta or not

11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Please avoid making this in to a begging for betabeta key thread as much as i don't think you have anything but good intentions people its a slippery slope and soon we have 50 replies all begging to get in the betabeta.

12. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yup, I'm with Woz - if you get into the beta, don't worry about anything but testing and experiencing the live version - it'll be overwhelming enough! Can't blame people for being eager, experienced similar feelings before going into beta - but for these test builds they need people that know the game.

13. ChadTheRad

i wasn't exactly begging,just saying,hey I'd like to help in beta or not,if I'm picked that would be great if not cool,because the game will come out,but i hate sitting here feeling like i cant do anything to help,and just wait

sigh,well if there is anything that non beta tester's can do to help besides begging for a key ~smirks~ I'd surely like to know

anythings better then just waiting,I'd be okay with looking at card designs for the same card and picking which one i like the most anything!

14. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I Tried to be as respectful as i possibly could be, i also never claimed anyone had begged for a key and i didn't specifically mention anyone. To make it perfectly clear i was referring to everyone after Dugrim equally and in no way implied that anyone of you guys where begging. The only thing i was trying to convey was that since this thread content is relevant for current beta testers only, posting things in the ballpark of "if i get in ill do it" will certainly make more people post things like that. Then after say 20 iterations of that either some of the people that claimed interest despite no beta access will start begging or new people will. Hence the slippery slope part, i hope this clears everything up perfectly.

15. ChadTheRad

apologies

16. LightPhoenix

LightPhoenix Orc Soldier

I'd love to help, but honestly I just don't have time enough to do any more than regular beta testing.

17. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

Don't put yourself out because you are an indie outfit. Blizzard needed beta tester testers (just wanted to say that again lol) when I was on the beta for WoW. It's just a part of the process. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to try the final product.

18. Sir Gron

Sir Gron Kobold

i am dieing to play this freaking game!!!!
    signed up almost a month ago!!!! can you please send me a key before...ive had dota 2, and diablo 3 beta keys on 1st release!!! please please ive been dieing for a dnd style game like this for 9 years!!!

19. ChadTheRad

Sure I'm up for it

20. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

I'll have more free time in about 3 days for stuff like this, so sign me up.