Ready To Strike Artwork

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by think_panther, Dec 3, 2016.

1. I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the Ready To Strike art work. I was expecting something like e.g. a warrior waiting around a corner with a knife/sword/axe drawn while an enemy shadow is approaching or something, not a knight preparing to take a crap in the woods.

[​IMG]

Try to unsee it now ;)

alikus2 likes this.
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

This was an unused artwork. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think BM created this just for Ready to Strike.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Maybe we can crowdsource alternative / more appropriate illustration? Any (talented) volunteers?

think_panther and timeracers like this.
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I like the illustration chosen. A knight at ready, glaring an unblinking hole through you. Just bring it. Just c'mon. I'm ready.

trrst, karadoc, Flaxative and 2 others like this.
  7. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

...and also constipated ;))

8. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Really guys!? This is so much better than using a duplicate image like Doom and Demonic Revenge does.

DARK MAGIC, Stexe, timeracers and 3 others like this.
  9. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

DARK MAGIC and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  10. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

11. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Well, nah, I don't know about Ready to Strike being better than those since at least those get recolors, contrasted with, say, Doom getting the exact same art as Demonic Revenge, only looking creatively different because Attack background instead of Handicap, and Gold title bar instead of Black -- vs. Curse and Wound which at first looked to me like the same card period.

ElMath and Gingrich Yurr like this.