[QUESTION] - Why do you force me to take a specific hero-gender / name

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Fck5hit, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Fck5hit

Fck5hit Kobold

• Do not use clever tricks to try to circumvent the word censors. Children use these forums, and some people care about children not seeing your obscenities.
    The game looked good at first.

I wanted to play a MALE elf warrior. Didn't see the [redacted] on the card (look at Munchkin, you can learn a thing or two). So I tried to restart...ohhhh...not possible on my account

Pissed as I was, I played the second mission.

Had to choose a wizard...what the f.., the elf is a woman...AGAIN.

Ok, then I got really pissed, took a human and called him [redacted]...but...”land of the free”, “freedom of rpgs”, not possible and got without any chance to choose another name a forced one. Look at my avatar and you know what I want to say to you right now.

[SUGGESTION] – LET THE PLAYER CREATE THE FIRST HERO FREE IN GENDER, freedom is the [redacted]’ essence of a role-playing game!

[SUGGESTION] – LET THE PLAYER AT LEAST GET A SECOND CHANCE TO NAME MY HERO

[SUGGESTION] – LET THE PLAYER KNOW, THAT THERE IS NO REDO FOR ALL THE FIRST PICKS AND ACTIONS

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015
  2. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

The gender of the miniature doesn't need to determine the gender of your character, Gary doesn't have all the figures in his Cardhunter set and so you have to make do with the options that are there. :)

Names can be edited by clicking the pencil by their names in the keep.

If by picks you mean starting characters, new heroes can be bought from the tavern for 10 gold.

If by actions you mean playing cards, this is unfortunately not an option as they can trigger reaction cards once played (for example when I play an attack an enemy block could trigger). I also recommend going to settings and turning off autotarget to give yourself a chance to confirm cards that target.

Inkfingers, Pengw1n, Han Lee and 6 others like this.
  3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Asking for help or advice, before reacting with rage would have sorted out most of your issues - as DupleX suggested. There are multiple costumes for every race/class combo available later on if you're interested to spend some pizza. Also, you're allowed to have multiple logins (whether in the Steam or the Web client), so you could easily have restarted if you're not happy with your racial picks. No need for a reset of a specific account unless you really, really want a specific username for your account - in that case it's a matter for support@cardhunter.com.

I'll let this thread remain, but I'd advice you to calm down for any further communications.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Inkfingers and Flaxative like this.