Question on item/armour level

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Ozworth, May 18, 2013.

1. Ozworth

Ozworth Kobold

If I have a level 1 character and I try to equip a level 3 pair of boots .. the UI lets me ... is it supposed to ? Is there no correlation of charcter level and item level ?

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

No only main party level and shop price based on item level as well as some kind of correlation between item level and talent requirement

3. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

The only actual restrictions on what you can wear are the available slots (fighter can't wear divine armor as he doesn't have a divine armor slot) and talents (high level items require one or two clear or bronze talents).

4. Ozworth

Ozworth Kobold

Well, Im going to have to disagree .. I have a level 6 divine item that I can equip on my level 4 character .. but I also have a level 18 divine item that I cant equip on my character. So there has to be some "level" relationship restriction - can any truly clarify ? Is it 3 levels above your char level or ?

Also, is it normal for a level 18 item to drop for a level 4 char group in a level 5 dungeon ??

Oz

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Those limited items requires "talent" points you unluck as you level. First type of talent unlocks at lvl 7, and weapons at lvl 7 requires one of those. Other items have different lvls for their first talent req, I believe. So basically, within the talent "spread" (weapons 1-7) level just shows the power of the item.

As for the lvl 18 item. You sure you didnt get it from a mp starter pack? Or the free chest?

6. Ozworth

Ozworth Kobold

Valid question .. I cant be sure ... it showed up after I played a level 5 dungeon .. but I did buy a multiplayer starter pack earlier in the evening so I suppose I didnt notice until then ..

7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yeah, mp packs contain some high level items you can't use in sp until you reach the viable level to unlock enough talents. There's your answer - hope that helps :)