PvP False-Victory/No Loot

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by DunDunDun, Jul 30, 2015.

1. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

First off, obviously didn't happen to me, posting on behalf of @Jayseki.

Seems like it may have been a desync, but they say they lost a match against rav23, got shown a victory screen, and then got an empty chest.

Pastebin here

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  2. Jayseki

Jayseki Kobold

So I had another problem today, also with the Festering guts card bugging out. This time I couldn't get a game record because it crashed my client.

To recap - in the record above, from a few weeks ago, I had one more enemy to kill in multiplayer, but he had a festering guts card attached. I knew from all my other experience with this card that it deals out the 18 acid damage first - and awards stars if chars die - before the FG character dies and gives up stars. I took a chance and killed him anyway (I think I was depending on an armor roll or something). My roll failed and I died, but for some reason it gave me the "victory" screen, and then a chest that was empty. I talked to Koboldbutter and Jon_admin in the lobby; KB (dundundun) made this post, but Jon told me that the bug wasn't that I won (I think, based on the way the FG card works - first damage, then death I should have lost), he said the bug was the empty chest.
    So today I'm playing in league (It's still running as of 8/20/2015 8pm PST), and I run into the same basic situation. This time, remembering what Jon said, I go ahead and kill him, and it deals the damage and stars first, and I lose. Ok, that sucks, think, but at least they fixed it. Only, after it gives me the basic "defeat" graphic, it goes into endless loading (before it goes to the "you were defeated by so-and-so" screen). I had to restart the client (steam) and when the game logged me back in, it said I had a game still going. I clicked "yes" to rejoin, and it went back to endless loading. When I restarted the game a second time, I clicked "no" to not rejoin, and my game wasn't appearing in the "games in progress" list.