[PvE] The Masters' Wake ~ 5 Desperate Battles!

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by OneMoreNameless, Oct 12, 2013.

1. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

Rumours abound that slavers have been lurking throughout the dark fringes of Cardhuntria. The ex-squadmaster Shardstone Dryhorn claims that his company leads pampered exotic pets to new homes, but in truth it is only misery and chains dragging behind him. Within, an unlikely trio of sentient captives wait for the moment their abusers grow sleepy. Can they escape THE MASTERS' WAKE ... before THE MASTERS WAKE?

Masters Wake.jpg

The zip file contains all five scenarios plus a text file with the full story.

Attached Files:

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Just a minor suggestion. Some terrains are a trifle confusing. Like in Scene 1. The table is open terrain while the 2 wagons are blocked terrain. Is the table meant to be open terrain or difficult ? Its not obvious from first glance due to the lack of thick outline tiles (like the rocks).

Overall an ok set of games, didn't have to restart. Also, I don't think there's a need to insert a separate text file. Initially tot it was a virus. :eek:

Is there smthg preventing you from taking 5 screenshots and/or sharing the story here ?

3. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

The wagons are blocked terrain because it fit the visual/tactical design and I kinda of forgot they weren't used that way in the campaign until after I'd finished testing the battle. The table is difficult terrain as standard; remember that war monkeys have free move and so ignore it. I didn't post all of the screenshots and story in the OP because it would a) spoil some of the fun of seeing/playing them in order as a real adventure; b) clutter the post; and c) remove some of the incentive to actually download and try them, and lord knows there are few enough people playing these custom adventures as is. :/

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Ah yes, you are right. Bloody monkeys... :p In that case, I guess the maps are pretty ok.

erm, I think I've player more custom advs than actual advs since release (discounting adv testing on test server) ... :oops: .

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I haven't tested this adventure chain yet, but I had been thinking the same about posting story text as a document to read between maps and not posting screenshots - for the same reason as mentioned in this thread.

6. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I played through them all today. They're fun maps. (I didn't read the story though, sorry. I just imagined my own story instead based on what the maps looked like. :p)

A couple of the maps are pretty challenging, but not frustratingly so. I like that the trio of characters each have unique strengths and weaknesses, and that it's somewhat important for them to work together.