Proposed Items for More Attainable Burning Wizards

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Sir Veza, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Greetings!

A viable burning wizard is quite difficult to build without a large number of legendary items. No other class has such restrictions on building an archetype. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

The problem, as I see it, is that newer players can't produce a useful, though not optimal, build until they have amassed many of the proper legendary items. Many will be epic, but epics are much more easily obtained than legendaries.

I do not expect to see any of the items posted in this thread to be produced anytime soon, but hope they might be considered in future releases. And I hope others will contribute their own ideas.

First up:

Currently Unnamed Epic

2x Flame Jet
    + either
    1x Hot Spot (level 9) (minortoken)
    or
    1x Wall Of Fire (level 12) (minortoken)

Signing off because I just realized I'm behind in my drinking.
    Good Hunting!

Edit: If this is too much fire, Force Cannon could serve as a third card for a level 9 version.

Also, for those unfamiliar, the Quite Estimable @Vakaz created a tool for determining the specifics of item creation. http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/vakazs-item-creator.7770/

p.s. I think I'm caught up on my drinking now.

Edit 2: There are 9 arcane items with 1 to 3 Flame Jets. They are ALL Legendary. There should be at least 1 decent epic.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

[​IMG]
    Instant Burn
    Quality C+, available only on staves

5 are Legendary
    1 IB (majortoken)(majortoken) Bug Zapper 2000
    3 IB (majortoken)(minortoken) Red Flame
    6 IB (minortoken)(minortoken) White Flame
    2 IB (minortoken) Igneous Scorchstaff
    4 IB (minortoken) Overheated Staff

2 are Epic
    1 IB (majortoken)(minortoken) Staff Of The Fire God
    1 IB (minortoken) Tempered Flamestaff

2 are Rare
    2 IB (minortoken)(minortoken) Orange Staff
    2 IB (minortoken) Forgefire Staff

There is no decent Instant Burn staff at Epic rarity, and I suggest there should be.
    A (minortoken) 3 Instant Burn staff to bridge the gap between Forgefire and Overheated.
    One which will collect dust in the vault once they obtain an Overheated Staff, but which will work sort of okay in the meantime.

Edit: And hopefully without Short Sparks as filler cards.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

These are my 3 recommendations for epic burning items.

(minortoken) Epic 3 Instant Burn staff. Level 7.5
    Weaker than the legendary (minortoken)Overheated Staff.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(minortoken) Epic Flame Jet item. Level 9.
    Modeled after Rantic's Orb Of Inner Fire with weaker armor removal. Inferior to (minortoken) Miligar's Dragon Tongue.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(minortoken) Epic Flame Spit item. Level 12.
    The only other item with Flame Spit is the legendary (majortoken) Flame Warper, which is MUCH stronger. Whether this item is used much will probably depend upon what other items the budding burning wizard has collected.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Epic items can be difficult to obtain, but legendaries are much more difficult. These items would allow a passable burning wizard with only epic items.

ParodyKnaveBob and fatcat__25 like this.
  4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Great topic, Sir Veza.

To bring the topic here from the Discord server, with my summaries:

#balance-rant - about 2 mins of chat
    https://discord.com/channels/791955094689021992/798617020378775616/845571783499186197
    Way too many weak Burning Cones clogging up Wizard items.

#suggestions-feedback - Maniafig makes the official suggestion
    https://discord.com/channels/791955094689021992/792329852489170965/845572539308834828
    "Replace some non-Magma Spray range 2 cone attacks on staves with Fire Bolt"

[​IMG]

#suggestions-discussion - 40 mins later, another 5 mins of chat
    https://discord.com/channels/791955094689021992/831685955697377320/845944251275280404
    I ponder what Superheated Staff would look like if TKoU replaced two of the Fire Sprays with Fire Bolts.
    A few of us discuss. Is it worthwhile to change it? Would Fire Bolt even see competitive play?
    I present Corrupted Feystaff as a similar item for comparison, in that it's cheap ((minortoken)), has some great cards, has some good cards, has an imperfect card suite to consider/mitigate, and is low on rarity.
    Easy access to 1. low level power in campaign and 2. viable PvP supplementary staff.

~~

Visually, that's an example of changing... (minortoken) Rare

into... (minortoken) ..Common?
    (Funny that the Sizzling Bolts are not what make that staff Rare, but rather the undesirably focused Fire Sprays. Still, if the above staff were manually adjusted to Rare... ~shrug~ ...better than Legendary.)

~~

Btw,

Did you mean staves, like, more focused on Instant Burn? Because I can see both those Epic staffs being decent, but I would certainly agree they're not about Instant Burn usage. Rather, it being a one-off on each is almost incidental. I certainly agree there could be more Epic staves with more than one IB, especially since Rare says that's no problem.

~~

Also,

Did you pick Dissolve Armor over Melt Armor due to fear that Melt might be too powerful? or did you perhaps just not remember it? Gotta say, the 10 range feels safer, but the same range feels pretty. $:^ ]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    fatcat__25 likes this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Both for the range, and because I like the picture better. Same card quality.

esthkol likes this.