Post summer nerf brainstorming

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by SerraSerra, Jul 11, 2016.

1. SerraSerra

SerraSerra Kobold

Hi peeps , so the nerf has taken place...
    In this thread i want to discuss the possible new opening towards more innovative builds this opens.
    Not in this thread : discussion pro and contra the nerfs , just new ideas.
    I'll start :
    Might a radiactive spray + accelerate time + cleansing build + armor removal actualy work now that EM and Burft got nerfed ? It would also bypass the accelerate time nerf if one would use dwarf wizz and 2 dwarf priests , keeping them close all the time and using priest traits + reliable mail to counter self inflicted radiation dammage (or adaptable if owned), maybe there's also a possibility of incorporating the Ettsc item with unholy wellspring.
    Also:
    Maybe elf mages become a more viable build because of the diminished chance of them being killed by two buffed fireballs.
    Same goes for elf priests.
    So experiences , experiments , all welcome here.

2. Some things I've noticed so far from around 15-16 rating:

Blue Destruction burrft is largely unaffected by the nerf.
    People spending minor tokens on wizard skill now.
    Searing Pain/Agony builds using Shimmering Aura/Adaptable now.
    Deadly, Deadly Staff builds are doing well. (I'm thinking this might be the new top offensive wiz build)
    Iljin still seems viable for buffing wiz builds.
    I haven't seen many Elf Warriors about, they're mostly dwarves now. Of those I've seen, they've been running trickery builds to discard cards, which seems effective.
    Raging Battler still seems good, I've seen one or two people using raging rock instead.
    Seen much more wizards running laser beacons, but I'm not sure which item they're using.

3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Maybe, but I've found another double major staff that seems to be doing very well. Not giving it away yet, although it would be easy to determine by watching a match of mine.

I'm still seeing a lot of elves, strangely enough.

4. I've seen Pearwood being used too but that Fright scares me.

Kalin likes this.
  5. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Keep guessing.....;)

6. Chask? Illusion?

7. hello world

hello world Hydra

Shockingly, he told me it wasn't whiterune either

8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I suppose I can let the cat out the bag (pun intended, Cheetah), as I'm moving onto a second test post-balance party.

Kroll's Laser Rifle

Spreading Laser is soooooooooo good. I guarantee that if you run six of them, the only way you get blitzed is if all you get is malfunctions. Which has happened once. Average for minor erratic damage is 2, right? All those lasers become 6/6, which gives it more damage than Deadly, Deadly.

Worth a look for those looking for a new alternative.

9. I think the main selling point for Deadly Deadly is that it's buffable by trait, hard to block and can go round corners if you aim the beam correctly. How do you get them to group up for Spreading? Do you run heavy control on another wizard?

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm half inclined to believe gulo gulo is joking around >_>

11. I can't even tell and I'm usually good at that. :(

Flaxative likes this.
  12. hello world

hello world Hydra

I can see it working if you don' t have melee characters standing nearby to them, even without counting the spreading bonus the damage of the staff is still solid and linear might get tricky to land if your characters are together far from the enemy and next to each other.

13. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I'm not joking. You'd be surprised how often players just put their characters next to one another. However, a few TKs or GoWs can help with this.

That being said, hello is right, the lasers are still usually a 6@6 attack, basically 3 sorcerous blasts (with the potential to be 9, if you think about it). So, I can have a wizard with 6 (18) Sorcerous Blasts, 2 Mega Lasers, 2 Devastating Sparks, and 2 Surging Bolts? That's 68 (140) damage, and all of those attacks can still be buffed. DDS is only 60. Trust me, I LOVE DDS, but I think Kroll's is worth a look, it has a lot of potential.....now only if there were an arcane trait that made all attacks hard to block 1 or something for 1-2 rounds. Then it would be amazing.

Flaxative likes this.
  14. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

I'm guessing "Deadly Deadly" is buffed Tasty Tasty Staff?

15. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Haha! Tasty is a joke staff, made in the Halloween AA, as a play on the Deadly Deadly Staff.

timeracers likes this.
  16. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Oh >_<

17. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

I was thinking melee frenzy + TTS. Is that why I can't access that Mauve Manticore level, it was Halloween only or something?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  18. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

You mean Mauve Manticore #10? If you haven't completed it previously, it should open when you complete #11, which in turn opens after you've completed #12 and so on.

19. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Oh, I didn't realize. I don't play MM much. Thanks!

20. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

But giving out Aloyzo item's in Mauve Manticore's is a recent practice, they had not started doing that when they made Tasty, Tasty Staff.

seth arue likes this.