Please review the game on Steam if you like it

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jon, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Reviews can be very helpful in continuing to get the game exposure on Steam. If you like the game and consider it worth a good review, we'd very much appreciate you adding your thoughts.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/293260

You must have installed the game on Steam to be able to review it. You can do that and link to your existing Card Hunter account.

Pengw1n, j-wiz, Jayce and 1 other person like this.
  2. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

Are there any known issues with the Steam launch, Jon? I click the play button and nothing comes up. Not even the black window that others are complaining about. I'm at work on a dev machine and my drivers are current. Strangely, the game doesn't seem to install as it doesn't even show progress or appear in my Steam library. Hope this is useful info.

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

That does sound odd. Can you play other Steam games from that machine?

4. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

Killing the Steam process and restarting it resolved the issue.

Jon likes this.
  5. Rusty

Rusty Kobold

Haven't gotten home to try steam, but loving the expansion online!

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Review posted! Finally!
    (I wrote it last week, but had to wait until today to upgrade my account so I could post it.)

7. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Oh my god, that trailer

Magic Elves likes this.
  8. Darial Storm

Darial Storm Orc Soldier

Review posted.

9. Duerfian

Duerfian Kobold

I enjoy Card Hunter. It's been well worth the money I spent on it. But I don't really enjoy the new expansion. Having all these mobs with radioactive damage that removes cards and gives debuffs goes against the point of a deck building game. You want to play with the cards you have. That's the entire point of it. If it was just one mob once in a while that had radioactive damage, that's fine. But when it's something most mobs have, it's not enjoyable.

The previous lvl 18 maps were challenging in a good way. This isn't challenging in a good way, but in a frustrating way.

10. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Position, position, position and some purge. I really enjoyed these new adventures and liked them more than those AotA lvl 18 ones.

Magic Elves and Flaxative like this.
  11. arkfaint

arkfaint Kobold

Posted, wish to draw more attention to the game.

Flaxative likes this.
  12. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

But what if we hate it?! :-P

My review is apparently not very popular. I kind of pick apart the bad things while encouraging people to check it out if those bad things are minor to them. Above 50% approval though so, yay?

13. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

It's funny that the first mission is the one with the worst of this behavior. Honestly, the first time I played it I put a nimbus on my warrior and rushed into the center of the mobs. AI just nuked itself for the most part. The rest of the team walked in for cleanup. The other expansion missions are not nearly so random(just watch out for the spiders!) and your deck build makes a big difference on how to handle it(Purging Burst!)

14. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

My review is up on Steam. Great job to all who worked on this! It's very much in keeping with EttBP!

15. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Bit late to the party but I posted my review. Hardest part was simply parsing down my thoughts into a quick blurb that someone might actually want to read rather than drone on for ten paragraphs about the nuances of the game I find enjoyable.

Pawndawan, Flaxative and timeracers like this.
  16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Finally got to post my review, you can check it here.

Would have liked it to be much shorter, but I felt like I had to mention the game's strongest selling points.

If you have the time to read it, I'd appreciate if you let me know about any errors with grammar/spelling/wording (English's not my natural language and while I feel pretty confident with it, I still do make some mistakes). Your general feedback about the review itself is also very welcome of course!

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The only thing I saw was in the last paragraph where you used "advice" instead of "advise".

"new content being released at a reasonable pace"

From what I've seen of Steam users, I suspect many would not agree with that statement. Saying "a new expansion each year" would be more informative and help prevent unreasonable expectations.

Bandreus likes this.
  18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Well written review, bro!
    "Not only you can play the game without ever spending a penny,"
    - to -
    "Not only can you play the game without ever spending a penny,"

Bandreus likes this.
  19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Thanks for the great feedback guys, I've just updated the review

Sir Veza likes this.