Playing on Ipad

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Oni, May 27, 2013.

1. Oni

Oni Kobold

Anyone have any luck getting the game to run on an Ipad through a flash capable browser?

Just tried Puffin and it didnt seem to want to load. Dont want to drop $5 for Photon if the game wont run through it. Anyone have Photon or any of the others on their pad and willing to try it?

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

A quick search for "iPad" would have found you this. People seem entusiastic, so apparently the suggestion solution works well.

amm likes this.
  3. Oni

Oni Kobold

Yeah, saw that, but its not quite what im looking to have answered. Looking to see if it will play in one of the flash browsers directly on the ipad, not as a remote desktop to my desktop computer.

4. Pengw1n

My bad then, but afaik - all the faux-flash workaround browers are pretty bad.

5. Oni

Oni Kobold

Puffin is actually a pretty nice browser, just doesn't want to run Cardhunter unfortunately. It runs faster than the standard Safari due to its cloud nature. Very slick.

6. Pengw1n

Yeah, tried running a flash game (incidentally a ccg) with puffin on an iPhone a year or so ago. Think it was the only one that worked at all - of the free ones.

7. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

I have heard from fans that it works on Photon. Expect it to be a bit chuggy and I don't know how well Photon handles right-clicking and hovers for info... But I'm going to try it myself :)

amm likes this.
  8. Average Joe

Average Joe Kobold

I tried it on Photon. It works ok. Not great, but ok. I couldn't get it to right click, though. Maybe I missed something.

amm likes this.
  9. Kilopip

Kilopip Mushroom Warrior

I purchased Photon for sole purpose of playing Card Hunter and it works well on my new Ipad. Not as responsive as on pc but certainly enjoyable.

amm likes this.
  10. amm

amm Kobold

Anyone figure out how to right click in photon yet in order to see the card text?

11. enhunter

enhunter Kobold

I purchased Photon too just to play Card Hunter as I heard it would work but it's pretty bad. Crashed my ipad 3 times now and just seems buggy as hell. Is there anything other than Photon I can use?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  12. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Beware, Photon uses video-stream instead of game animations (their server decodes image and send you a video stream of game, thats why there is some delay also).
    So your trafic will be big enough. It can be important to know if you use Photon via limited mobile internet. Otherwise it means no problem.

13. Arydigital

Arydigital Kobold

Yeah, saw that, but its not quite what im looking to have answered. Looking to see if it will play in one of the flash browsers directly on the ipad, not as a remote desktop to my desktop computer.

14. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

Puffin works fine for me...