Peasant Tournament -Deck Discussion-

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Krizmn1, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Krizmn1

Krizmn1 Mushroom Warrior

I am a little concerned about control dwarf wizards in the tournament.

I usually use 2 warriors and a priest to counter it. Arrogant armor to avoid freezes, shredded strikes to cut through toughness, and nimble strike to reach the dwarf after they fling me across the board. Most of these are on rare+ cards.

I took a look at the control wizard deck and a ton of their cards are common/uncommon. I am not saying that we should disallow anything. I merely want to hear some feedback from players using control wizard or players who faced them and how it turned out.

2. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

I think maps will be the biggest factor. And I think Flaxative has done a good job of picking maps that neither favor nor hinder one build specifically. Yes they will be tough builds to deal with but I don't think it's going to be the rampant runover that some people think.

Flaxative likes this.
  3. I personally would be happy if most of the peasant deckbuilding discussions would happen after the event. We have a chance to have something new and fresh here, but if people start posting their best decks and strategies beforehand, and others start to copy them, we will soon be in a situation where half the players in the tournament have the same exact deck, even if that deck might not be the "best".

I'm not saying we should ban all discussions, but this would be a good time for everyone to come up with their own crazy deck and keep it a secret :) More fun that way I think.

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I agree. Stormy posted his decklist because it was relevant to broader balance discussions, but I'd rather event decks not be posted before the first round (certainly not before all the decks are registered!)

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

One thing that I think is cool, and that I'll say here, is that no two builds were identical. Even the players going similar strategies used different selections of items. Where similar builds really differed was in the sideboard. Fascinating to sit here and see it all come in :)

6. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Maybe (with players' permission, of course) the full decklists + sideboards could be posted afterwards?

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader