[Peasant] Reflexive Brawling

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Robauke, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Here, have something from my personal vault.

It finally appeared, a 2x foward thinking item. And boy, its a great and easy to obtain item. I am still suprised noone really picked up Savant Positioning for dodge stacking.
    This is the mage version, core idea is to hit hard, to not back down and reduce incoming damage considerably by constantly having at least one, but best two reflexive teleports in your expanded hand. The priest supports the damage output of the mages and may unleash a cantrip healing dash finishing blow at times. This build takes time to warm up. Play responsively.

I played this build like shown, with a few exceptions that are noted below. Not sure how the few different items will damper this builds success, but i could hold my ground in the golden elo range, the 1550s. Anything above that is not worth your time anyway.

Locutus
    Level 99k Human Wizard
    Electro-Laser - hits hard. Core Item.
    Surging Feystaff - its taste, i like this staff a lot.
    Wand Of Rapid Air - 4 of those buy you time to gather the meat of your strategy. The Alternatives with reflexive teleport are underwhelming.
    Wand Of Rapid Air
    Citrine Amulet
    Terrifying Zapping Wand - Rare Substitute: Rust Creature Gland The peasant version lacks armor removal.
    Reactive Spacecloak
    Heavy Hide Boots - Rare Substitute: Galvanized Zombie Boots
    Savant Positioning - core item
    Untrained Electromancy

1 x Mind Leak - make sure your priest got a remedy for this saved. Otherwise the enemy still has to hit you for a discard, thats easier said then done on a reflexive teleport mage.
    6 x Big Zap - good, (& safe) damage
    1 x Weakened Armor
    1 x Laser Spray - Being aware that laser spray will eventually show will contain its problematic nature. Position accordingly.
    2 x Surging Bolt - be the one to start an engagement with other mages, trigger vanguard.
    2 x Force Blast - not the most glamourous control, but hey, it gets the job done.
    1 x Defensiveness
    2 x Forward Thinking
    1 x Healing Dash
    2 x Spark Generator - makes the Big Zaps safe hits. Buffs the small sparks mimetic might generate.
    2 x Whirlwind Enemies - THE bless&camper counter. Continous whirlwinds force your enemy to exhaust his movement. Its great to disrupt line of sights between enemy priests and their front runner. Priests usually dont have the moves to regain line of sight when it worked. Be sure to have some safety distance to the nearest enemy. If cornered, use the whirlwind to get someone out of your face. Works more often then not when you think about the possible squares the enemy can be placed on.
    1 x Vanguard - Everyone loves vanguard. Part of your defensive play.
    4 x Reflexive Teleport - stay at range 2 so the enemy has to frontal it. Do not spend them. Keep them over other cards you would rather keep. Its hard, but its worth it. Don't be stubborn, as long as you can evade with regular moves, evade. Dont rely on one reflexive teleport when the enemy warrior is adjecent. You can try your luck when its range 2 attacks, those are considerably lower in damage.
    2 x Silver Bolt - good damage with extras.
    1 x Boo! - the dream combo here is a reflexive teleport behind someone.
    2 x Obliterating Spark -safe damage.
    1 x Mystical Drakehide - got very decent with the latest buff.
    1 x Mimetic Armor - key when you face mages.
    1 x Mega Laser - you can expect decent damage from this, but dont open with it. Make sure this gets past blocks.
    1 x Forgetfulness -- Use it on priests as answer to heal spam BEFORE you start handing out the pain. If you face 2+ mage teams, save it for a mage that steps into your line of sight for the first time after a while, his oldest cards are the most troublesome.
    1 x Thick Hide Armor

The mages are vulnerable to nontargeted attacks, so it can make sense to cast the reflexive teleports aside in favour for armor. You should definitely keep the mimetic armor when facing wizards, unless you realize they deal mostly targeted damage. If its fire, definitely keep the mimetic or the Drakehide. If its ice, i personally stuck to the teleports.

Guybrush
    Level 99k Human Wizard

The elf priest is second line. He heals and he (de)buffs when it makes sense. In an ideal situation, the mimetic armor on the mages generate a lot of small sparks/blugeons. Your enemy keeps hitting, he might not see those low dmg attacks as treat. Wait with the buffing. Collect a few, buff with unholy wellspring and retaliate.
    You could abandon the elf priest for a human leadership priest. Mimetic generates cards, and leadership allows you to trade those bludeons and small sparks for card originating from the actual mage deck.

Caribou [99K]
    Level 99k Elf Priest
    Lightforce Grinder
    Inquisitor's Morningstar
    Glowing Hide Armor
    Twisting Shield - taste. I liked to run a no token shield with icy block.
    Healthy Gumshoes
    Ectoplasm Urn
    Ectoplasm Urn
    Misanthrope's Pearl - i actually used Green Lotus Root
    Elusive Silversmith
    Advanced Healer - You should upgrade to Manifold Healer to make the cantrip healing dash combos more likely.

2 x Invigorating Touch
    2 x Pushback Parry
    1 x Talented Healer
    2 x Curse Of Fragility - decent no token (de)buff for your mage damage.
    2 x Healing Dash
    1 x Destructive Purge
    1 x Superstitious - its safest to get rid of this no matter the hp situation
    2 x Inquisitor's Strike
    1 x Investigate - underwhelming, but should keep the priest happy.
    2 x Laser Strike - deals up to 13 dmg. Malfunctions 9 out of 7 times.
    3 x Gene Therapy - contains the drawbacks of the mages.
    2 x Unholy Wellspring
    1 x Fey Silversmith - buffs the inquisition strikes.
    1 x Reliable Hide Armor
    1 x Hard To Pin Down
    1 x Loner
    1 x Healing Spirit
    1 x Healing Rays - keep 2 mages healthy.
    2 x Purge - again, this is more for your own guys.
    1 x Heal
    2 x Thick Hide Armor
    1 x Push The Button
    2 x Inspiration
    1 x Slippery - always a daunting thing to see on an enemy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Good to see someone else rockin' the Reflexive Teleport. And, good to see someone else finding Savant Positioning useful. I haven't combined these two in particular, though. Nice. $:^ J

3. pr0s3lf

pr0s3lf Kobold

played this build all day, makes mages not so boring. really enjoy it.

PULSEFIRE likes this.
  4. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

nice, I like how it's a peasant build

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

The man speaks truth!