Next build (2.51?)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Kalin, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I'm assuming "standard battle loot" references eliminating the fairy on replays.

wavy and Flaxative like this.
  3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yup - no loot fairy, no adventure completion bonus loot, no custom adventure loot tables. Just regular "you won a battle!" loot.
    EDIT: Oh, and 1/2 what you would otherwise get in XP.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    Stexe, wavy and Sir Veza like this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

This sounds good for new players with their first party. A chance to grind a few more XP, and maybe drop something useful even though the odds are lower. It beats the, "I'll have to wait and try again tomorrow," syndrome I remember when I hit my first wall.

5. Farbs

Yep, that's the point! Well, that and testing out the codepath for when you play an adventure in co-op that is exhausted or otherwise unavailable for you :)

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Okay, so what if the Loot Fairy is not present when you get full XP, but is present when you get 1/2 XP?

7. Farbs

Whenever you're getting 1/2 XP you're also not getting loot fairy, however these attempts also do not exhaust the adventure, so they shouldn't prevent any LF attempts that you would have otherwise been able to make.

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

So I can play all of the adventures, find out the loot fairy moved to somewhere I have already beaten, and replay it for Epic Loot?
    To clarify, you can get the fairy ONCE per day at a certain location, again after 00:00 UTC at the same location (whether or not you have logged in/out), and then a third time at a new location?

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That doesn't quite answer the question.

Scenario:
    LF at Diamonds of the Kobolds.
    I play White Star for full XP.
    Fairy moves to White Star.
    I play White Star for 1/2 XP.
    Do I get fairy loot?

BTW, adventure replays are live on the test server already (but economy changes are not).

replay.png

On replay, the final chest is CC(C), not CCUU(U) as I was hoping. So farming rewards are not changed, only difference is that you can now play the last map instead of abandoning the adventure.

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Right, so essentially the final stage of an adventure on subsequent plays will give loot like the intermediate stages of the same level. It also seems to me fairly clear that the LF will only be attainable on the first play of an adventure. Therefore in your scenario you would not get the LF.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

So I decided to try to break the tutorial by replaying level 1 adventures instead of following Gary's instructions. The tutorial didn't break, but I found a few new bugs.

When in the tavern, clicking the tabs to select the race causes the table to slide over to focus on your (empty) inactive roster:

tavernscroll.jpg

This only happened for my first char (warrior); when I went back for a wizard and priest it didn't move when I clicked tabs.

Then I played Raid on Ommlet twice. First time I got the usual first time loot, but only 5 XP instead of 10. Replay gave me one random common+ item, and 0 XP. Exactly the same thing happened with Kobold Encampment.

After completing the tutorial, I took my party (lv 2/1/1) to Dungeon of the Lizard Priest (lv 4), and each of them got 10 XP the first time, 0 XP the second time.

12. boro

boro Goblin Champion

I think the loot fairy should show up on the second playthrough of a module if you didn't already have it the first time. Cause right now whenever you play a module before fairy reset you are worse off than if you hadn't played at all and just waited for the fairy reset. It's not interesting to have things in a game that actively discourage to play at certain times. I thought this was the whole point of the adventure reset thing.

Jarmo likes this.
  13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Hear, hear!

14. Questor

Questor Ogre

Yes, yes, YES!
    Please implement this while you are working on the code for adventure replay.
    I quite often replay the low level adventures and a few of the high level ones i really like, it is done in about one hour.
    But i would really like to be able chose when to play for that hour without thinking that i might miss the loot fairy.

This would bring some needed love to the SP crowd.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

While I like this, I wonder how they could implement it. If they use a simple flag, then we'll be limited to one Loot Fairy per day. A counter would give us N Loot Fairies per day, but what be blatantly arbitrary.

16. Questor

Questor Ogre

If only the adventure gets flagged for the current day it will stay the way it is with a maximum of 2 fairies per day if you time it right.

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That would require a flag for each adventure, which would be pretty weird.

18. Questor

Questor Ogre

Ah, you are talking about a visual flag.
    I am talking about a internal flag of the system.

19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I suspect it would be reasonably easy to do if attached to the Loot Fairy chain. (Once per daily cycle, exhausted or not.) If this is implemented when the change goes live, I'd run more adventures instead of just speed-farming until the hunt.

20. Questor

Questor Ogre

And i forgot about the Hidden Bandit.
    If only the Regular Adventure button would work for the extra loot, you could only get the fairy or the bandit.
    Nobody would even bother with the bandit because what if the adventures you searched for him will be the fairy.

So unless they want to sabotage a new feature they should complement it with another new one and add the possibilites of bandit and fairy to the Replay Adventure option.