Newsletter/Beta Signup

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MacLeod, May 3, 2013.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Hey everyone...

I was wondering if those that sign up for the beta are actually receiving e-mails from blue manchu? I signed up the day it became available and haven't received anything since.

This comes partially from the fact that I'm hungry for the beta. It would suck to find out that everyone else receives e-mails and that my sign up didn't work for whatever reason. If no one is receiving e-mails then I can rest easier knowing that my turn simply hasn't come yet.

2. Fizbin

Fizbin Mushroom Warrior

There haven't been any e-mails unless you were lucky enough to get a key (aside from the confirmation that you received when you signed up).

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Okay, cool. I asked this very question on the blog and the FB page so as to avoid making an entire thread out of it but here we are. =P

My mind is now at ease. :)

4. Fizbin

Fizbin Mushroom Warrior

Sorry, I don't ever venture onto the quagmire that is Facebook.

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

By the way: you can go back to the signup page and "sign up again" just to be safe. Duplicate entries don't cause them any problems.

And, of course, if your information was somehow input incorrectly the first time, then you'd have dodged a bullet.

Megadestructo likes this.
  6. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Not a bad idea. :)

I know I'm not entitled to a beta key just because I'm alive but that doesn't stop me from being antsy about it. :p

7. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Ask your questions here because people on Facebook be whiny and passive-aggressive and the comments on the blog are hard to keep track of. :)

8. Bumble Ben

Bumble Ben Kobold

Yeah, you could probably release 12k betas tomorrow and would still find people moaning about missing not getting one on twitter and facebook. So it goes.

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Was facebook always like that or has the flood of people in recent years made it like that?

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Truth.
    The only thing that was bothering me was not knowing whether or not I had a shot at the beta. :) Regardless of how it goes, I know I'll be feverishly playing Card Hunter eventually! That said, it might not be so bad of a wait if there were any new games on the market that interested me - personal problems, blahblahblah. :p

11. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Would you look at that... A beta key arrives! Just when I have to take back cans. (dang MI deposit!) I don't know how long the registration process takes but if it arrives tonight... There shall be no sleep!!! :D

12. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Wasnt even aware of a Facebook thing. That bad huh?

13. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

It's not awful, but there are a few people who have decided that pouting is the best way to get a key early.

Omar likes this.
  14. SigioCroceus

SigioCroceus Kobold

They are unaccustomed to the "waiting" mini-game :p

15. Mistborn

Mistborn Kobold

Congrats! I hope to join you soon. I tried to stay away from FB too, but my desire to get any and all info about this game pulled me in to the darkside.

16. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

I was about to make a thread, but then i saw this. I shall hi-jack it and ask my superior question straight away.

Is there a way to verify if you are signed up. I signed up ages ago, and ofc i made sure to do it one more time, just in case.

The reason i ask is because i really want a chance to unlock the beta skins.

17. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

You can always sign up again. It won't double your chances but it will make sure you're in there!