New video blog: how to build a ninja deck!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Card Hunter Joe, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

2. penda

penda Mushroom Warrior

Great video. A lot of great tips. A little bit on the long side.

I await the rematch.

On the subject of the closing note, I'd like to add that I too have not spend any money on the beta and am able to remain highly competitive just from the pvp rewards alone. The whole deck I'm using has 2 epics and 8 rares. That's it. The rest is uncommon/common. The PR fight will be the hardest challenge. Good luck!

3. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Yeah, it is a bit longer than we'd intended; but hopefully anyone who watches can pick up a thing or two. I'm glad you enjoyed it penda and equally glad to hear your stance on Card Hunter being P2W.

SurgeonFish likes this.
  4. Oblit3rate

Oblit3rate Kobold

Great video. Wish i had a beta key to take part in all the fun ! Keep posting stuff like these every now and then so the lurkers have something new to check -_-

5. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

Great video. And you speak slowly, for strangers is very good.

Friendly,
    Platouf.

6. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Wow, awesome video!

7. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Lance, you're internet famous now! Well, you're on your way at least.

Joe, you seriously need to get some better shields and helmets. :| Replay those adventures!

8. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

When I look at my collection I often struggle with what kind of build I want to create. So, I have to thank Joe for making sure that wasn't an issue for me! ;)

9. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Great vid if a little long, cool to hear Lance - and his reasoning. Awesome player.

Suggestions for future videos: Have Farbs do a custom map build runthrough! I believe this is a selling feature for a lot of players and shows some different features - also have someone (a player) play through some later game mission with dev commentary/banter would be awesome.

penda likes this.
  10. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

My apologies, but I really can't watch it at that length. I either have to devote 1 1/2 hours of my time to doing nothing but watching deckbuilding, or let it run in the background while I do other tasks--and miss all the visuals. It was great to hear the ideas presented at the beginning, but then I had to stop to spend more than 1 1/2 hours on my work.

Lance, I'm sure that everything else you had to say was just as awesome.

11. AxeGrinder

AxeGrinder Kobold

Great video. Good to hear things straight from the horse's mouth (that sounds a bit.. strange, come to think of it). Didn't mind the length, myself.

12. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

A question, if I may: what software do you use to make your videos?

Alternatively, open question: can anyone suggest any good, ideally free, software for making these sorts of videos?

Thank you for the deck-building tips, I often find games like this overwhelming due to their huge amount of choice.

13. Doctor Blue

Doctor Blue Orc Soldier

I can't, since I don't use any, but just Google something like 'best free screen capture software'. Should give you an idea. :)

14. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

We use Camtasia. There's a free trial but the full version isn't free. It's relatively cheap though, at least compared to Adobe products.

15. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Camstudio is also really good, and is free. Only problems I've had with camstudio is that it captures at a high frame rate (200 FPS), and it might capture the image in the middle of a screen refresh, so you'd see tearing.
    You also need to convert it to a different codec after capturing.

16. adlena

adlena Kobold

great video, thanks for sharing