New maps are here ! Post up what build your using and your general success rate.

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Stormyknight, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Stormyknight

Stormyknight Orc Soldier

Interested to see what works and what doesn't especially on woodholm.

2. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

only did woodholm... and won with my pok+wow..still seems abit warrior oriented..

3. Nim

Nim Mushroom Warrior

Finding the sight-lines to be very favorable to WC. Lots of chances to sick a Frost Jolt at max range, which just straight up ends a fair number of games.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

7/13 (just over 50%) so far on new maps. Haven't played on the icy room yet. Lots of melting glacier. Lots of opponents running SLG's dwarf control. I'm running Human Support Priest, Elven Vampire Priest, Dwarven Gimmick Wizard.

5. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

Oh, interesting change. Curious to know what's the gimmick though if you wouldn't mind elaborating.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No change—I just use an ironwood staff of the magus, which has been classified as 'gimmicky,' and I think I reduced by wind spells/deck size in order to fit in an extra obliterating spark on my arcane skill. So it's not as focused on the control as it used to be.

Bearson Onyx likes this.
  7. Although I prefer these maps in principle, at 15xx-17xx the 3 dwarf wizard combo is even more popular than the 2 warrior build from the last cycle. I have very good items to make a 3 dwarf wizard deck, but it's so dull (just as draw decks were) I'd rather spend time doing something else. Meta is yawn-tastic lately.

8. Stormyknight

Stormyknight Orc Soldier

Yeah i would agree i see alot of wizard groups over the 1400 mark. I have had a lot of success with SLG's build on these maps but also had alot of success running a counterspell-forgetfull-spray wizard with a nimble dwarf and mass bot.
    Whirlwind seems to be very very effective on alot of the maps especially woodhome one whirlwind turns it into an instant blender.
    Wall seems to be popular as well on maps like the bridge and woodholm as you can cut them off for some free caps for several rounds.

Most popular and effective builds i would say for this rotation are.

1.SLG Dwarven Control (best win ratio).
    2.Whirlwind encumber wiz and 2 warriors.
    3.Nimble Warrior and 2 Control

Ive seen a few other decks do ok like firestorm decks, as some maps are really long and take some time to traverse although on the smaller ones im sure they get dominated especially icehouse.

Keep posting your map observations and share the wealth so that we can all better make decisions about how to counter decks at our respective play levels.

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Bearson Onyx

I see. You wrote priest instead of mage and I was like "what's a dwarven gimmick priest"? but now I understand. Oblit spark is one of those cards that makes you smile when it's in your hand, just make sure you're not squeamish when trying to off someone with it :)

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

LOL my bad. Edited my post. Brainfart. I only have 2 squeamish in my wiz deck now :p

EDIT: Update: Using same build, now at 13/19.

11. Nim

Nim Mushroom Warrior

Currently 5/0 as Wizard Control, with none of the games even being close.

I have no idea what Warriors are supposed to do this rotation. Last game I got hit with a solid WWE that dropped two of my Wizards within three squares of a Double Warrior team and still recovered without a problem, thanks in large part to one of the Warriors already being Frost Jolt'ed from max range.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

FWIW, when I was describing my record, it was in the format of wins/games played, not wins/losses.

Now I'm 17/28, so 60% with my vampire :)

13. How exactly does map rotation work? I've played Woodhome 12 times and Ice House 2 times.

14. Nim

Nim Mushroom Warrior

Lost my first game on the new map set, against Shardokar's Double Warrior team on Winter Rooms. Probably the worst map of this set for WC, but even it isn't a patch on the nightmare that was Gladius Single.

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

Running about 80% win ratio with my Anti-Control Warrior / Warrior / Priest build. Lost four in a row today, all of which were 1/1/1 combos. Lost two of those to Icy Block triggering off my All-Out-Attack gambits.

16. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

Care to post your build Kablizzy?

17. tuknir

i think i have a positive ratio, i would say around 75% on this new maps, pity i usul dont play that much. one thing i noticed, i usul do good againt higher ranks than the lower ones. Woodhome is meh...in my opinion the one i dislike more and the one that i usul play :\ . Squares is a ww/wwe sausage fiesta.. Rooms is cool, some cards like illusion wall or stone wall can rly shine there. Rivers, also a fiest for wizards but i rarely play on it.

My opinion: 2 warriors running team moves and arrogante armors and a mage can be prety nasty, special if its a mage anti-mage and/or ww-wwe.

Im running my cutting winds build,sometimes with some specificy anti mage itens..but it seems when i do that i usul get triple war teams lol or i just dont draw it.

Flaxative likes this.
  18. Bearson Onyx

Not a big fan of AoA, and I think the sentiment is shared by most top players. for every game you one-shot a dwarf warrior with your oblit bludg+AoA there are 5 matches where you lose two cards to parry (the attack card + the AoA) or some other block, basically performing a Short Perplexing Ray on yourself on your own turn.
    Don't know what items you are using but if it's martial skill, human skill or helmet I would advise other, more consistent options.

Kablizzy and Flaxative like this.
  19. tuknir

agreed. today iwas playin on squares. had 2 of my dwarvs wiz away and 1 at the vp. warrior comes,trys vicius trust with 2 aoa. toughness actives...
    i do like aoa, just i do like duck, but when they fail... -.-

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's worse than a short perplexing ray, actually, because you're guaranteed to lose your two best cards in hand AND your opponent draws a card. I'm sure there are better helmets than Tough Leather (anything with bigger team moves probably), and Savvy Attacker is probably the best martial skill in the game. AoA is a die roll for sure.