New Game URL!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

The game is now resident at:

live.cardhunter.com

The old game.cardhunter.com and game.cardhunter.com:8080/client URLs will no longer function (you may get the client from your cache, but the server isn't responding on those URLs). Please change your bookmarks accordingly!

2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Sure thing. I will follow the advice of the redirect page when it says "Please update your boo kmarks."

(Boo! Boo I say to all you kmarks!)

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Wow that load is a lot smoother now!

4. Jon

It's all running on the Amazon cloud now. Please let us know if you see any problems.

5. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

I got the email telling me this, I got excited but nope! wasn't my beta key : Okay:

6. Jon

Uh, that's weird. Can you private message me with your email address please?

7. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

All looks good, but I think it's now using ports blocked by my office ^_^

8. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

Dangit, mine too, lol. Guess no more Card Hunter while I should be working.... Blue Manchu might have saved my job, lol.

9. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

I think I'll take it as a blessing in disguise, for similar reasons :p

10. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

Now if only they would move the forums to such a server... ;)

11. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

The only change in ports would be that the client now comes from a standard web port (80) instead of 8080. The game itself still uses the same ports. How far do you get when you try to play?

12. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

At my job, it gets to the login screen, but the "connection failed" window pops up before I've had a chance to type in my name and password. I' m assuming it's the company's firewall blocking the game, since it blocks most programs that try to get a direct internet connection.

13. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

I think for the sake of their jobs we shouldn't help lol.. But cool change!

14. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Same for me connection fails before i can even log in, any chance we are lucky and this is just the idle at login screen boot working overtime?

15. j-wiz

I just want to make sure it's not a problem that would affect people playing when they're not at a job that doesn't want them to be playing games.

16. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

I have left it at that login, and got the message, but after reloading once, and logging in it worked.

Here is the message:
    Code:
    Connection failed. The server or your internet connection may be down. Please refresh the page and try to login again.

heh just to note.. isn't login a noun, and log in a verb? Or is that just one way?

heh.. Good Point. I only joke.

17. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

Kind of doubt this will be an issue for people that aren't at work behind a company controlled firewall, but I'm sure it would help if someone who is behind a firewall that they can control could chime in and see if the game can get through it...

18. j-wiz

If it's happening that quickly, it doesn't seem likely that would be the problem.

Since this just started with our move to hosting on Amazon, it has to be related to that. Since you're able to download the client, it's not the port change. It could be that we moved to a dual-stack (IPv4/IPv6) interface and there are some issues with connecting over IPv6 from some locations. Or it could be something else blocking connections from those locations to the Amazon network.

19. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

Like my company's firewall... :mad:

20. Donnola

Donnola Mushroom Warrior

I got the same problem, from home.
    Identical message.
    Refreshing does solve it (and I can play as if nothing ever happened), no idea what could be causing it.