Mystical Wyrmhide bug

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by quizzybo, May 7, 2014.

1. quizzybo

quizzybo Kobold

My wizard was wearing Mystical Wyrmhide when he was hit with Cone of Cold. He may already have been hit by a previous version of that card. The Wyrmhide rolled a 5, and the effect didn't stick to me. However, it also didn't attach to the dwarf that cast the spell. Is this a bug, or do cone effects not count? For the record, it was definitely Wyrmhide and not Drakehide that I had equipped.

or4ng3 likes this.
  2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I think I saw the same problem in the geomancer league with Thunderblast. However, I have seen Wyrmhide reflect Fire Spray correctly, so I don't know what's different here.

3. or4ng3

or4ng3 Kobold

Had the same Bug.
    Cone of cold was not attached to the attacker.

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Could it be that the reflection attachment code looks for a "AttachedDamageComponent" card component? Fire Spray has it but Cone of Cold (EncumberComponent) and Thunderblast (StunComponent) don't. I didn't hit upon any other differences between Fire Spray and the others in the Cards.csv file. If this is the cause, there are many different components besides these three to handle to make reflected attachment work for all cone attacks.

Of course, I know nothing of how the system is actually coded so I could be totally off-base here.