My initial impressions.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Captain Doomsday, Jun 26, 2013.

1. First of all, this game has a brilliant concept and a fun style, and I hope to be playing it for a while.
    Now that that's out of the way, here are the things I don't like.

- There is no mute button anywhere. Ambient sound is nice, but sometimes I want it to shut up without going into the options menu both before and after.
    - A move cannot be cancelled or ended prematurely. If, for example, you were to use a moving strike, but inadvertantly move into a square where the only possible target is your ally, you'd be forced to strike your ally.
    - The item you'd get for membership is always shown, which annoys and even mildly insults me. "Just a constant reminder, because you aren't paying, here's what you don't get." Which leads me to...
    - If there is PvP, it will be inherently Pay 2 Win. There's nothing wrong with selling extra things or even advantages in single-player, but it's best if they're cosmetic.
    - There is no reset timer on exhausted adventures.
    - I can't leave an active campaign to visit the shops, which I understand could be considered reasonable, depending on how one plays D&D.

2. Hommnom

Hommnom Kobold

This may have been said elsewhere, but I'd like to chime in and agree with the comment about the sound. Personally, I never mute the sound in games, but I do think that the volume leveling in this game is pretty poor. Some of the sound effects (attacks, monster grunts, etc.) are WAY louder than anything else, and it's both 1) not clear that adjusting the "ambient sounds" slider in the menu actually does anything for this (to me, this would be more for things like the birds chirping in the background on the campaign map, but doesn't seem to affect that either) and 2) the mild annoyance of having to go mess with the volume settings every time you play, as it doesn't seem to "remember" these. I hope this is ironed out in a future patch (including a mute option, that it would also remember if you've selected).

3. I've just found my first bug. After completing the second mission of Highway Robbery, it's frozen on this. Frozen.jpg
    Additionally, I'm not sure how or even if the sliders affect sound. I tried setting them all to 0 at the map, where they remained when I closed and re-opened the menu, but I heard NO change in any sounds.