Mission: Max Usable

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Obernoob, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

As written in another thread, I am currently bored from leagues and MP. Allthough the new triple duel league is great with the mind games on how teleports first, I will get bored from the league at some point.
    Because of this I started a new project. I want to get max usable of all commons, uncommons and rares. I started today by going into Sharl's Seconds and buying back items needed for max usable from level 1 to level 5. At that level I have max useable of every item except still missing 2 Blazing Stones, 4 Flimsy Rapiers and 5 Vicious Lockets.

The first 5 levels look like this:

15-11-03_level_1-5.png

The next step will be farming from level 6 - 8 adventures every day to get more usable for the next five levels, which are currently looking like this:

15-11-03_level_6-10.png

I am currently not sure how I will do this. May be other people going for max usable can tell their strategy. One way is to sell the items and scan Sharl's Seconds for needed items. This way my collection will not clutter too much, but I may miss some item and it takes some time to scan Sharl's for needed items. Another way would be to keep all items. But that way the collection will clutter very fast. I have done this for some time with low level farming and now I have some items like Zapping Headband around 60 times in my inventory. Not so nice. How do you handle this?

I will keep this thread up to date. I think on a daily base would be too often, maybe two times a week.

Edit:
    May be the overall progress of max usable Commons, Uncommons and Rares is also interesting:
    15-11-03_rarity.png

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I use the item count that displays on hover, and only sell excess items from chests. It slows the process down a little, but I remember spending 3 or 4 hours selling excess every week or two, and don't want to go back to that.
    When you're down to needing only a few items in a level range it gets easier. If it isn't epic, legendary, or an item on your list, you really don't need to look any further. Just sell everything in the chest.

visak13, Stexe and timeracers like this.
  3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Same here. Be aware Skarl's doesn't hold more than three of an item, so if you go the "sell everything" route, make sure you visit Skarl's regularly.

Sir Veza, visak13 and timeracers like this.
  4. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

What is the general consensus on the special items found in halloween and winter shops, do you guys count them for your collection or not?
    I was not lucky enough to find any legendary halloween item yet and i am considering if i should spend gold to buy some or not.

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Personally I count them for the "completion achievement" but not for max-usable.

Stexe likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Same here.
    Maybe @Qivril will give us his take.

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I don't sell them until they are over max usable(so I won't sell a black cat's buckler even if I have 3 parrying bucklers, unless I have 3 black cat's bucklers) but don't require any of them to achieve "completion achievement".

8. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

To be honest my question was a bit off topic so i would like to apologize to Obernoob for derailing this discussion.
    I was asking mostly about epic and legendary items since the rest are easy to find, i guess i was just curious to see if most of you guys bought any of the special items or just waited in case any dropped from farming.

9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

True this did make the thread take a detour. I follow my rule all the way to legendary.

10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Same here

And again same here. Fun fact is I was afraid not to get enough Black Cat Buckler and now I am selling them in dozens.

No problem. I asked questions here myself and I am also interested in your question.

40c_rudy likes this.
  11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Good luck on levels 6 and 9, there are 7 legendary arcane items at 6 and 8 at 9.

For general strategy, I never sell anything that isn't excess, keeping one each of treasure and max of holiday items.

Last year I bought everything in the shops (unless I already had max usable) and this year I bought a second Pumpkin Bomb just in case I ever want max usable of everything. I did not buy a second Sugar Rage, though.

40c_rudy likes this.
  12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I did the same thing 2 years ago after buying the third from a shop because I expected them to be removed immediately after Halloween. :p
    Hmm. I bought a couple of things the first year, and the ones I still didn't have the second. I guess I'll buy all the ones I'm not maxed on. This way, in 10 years I can have a full set of Pumpkin Bombs! (I've never played an online game before. How long do they usually last? But I may not last another 10 years, so I probably shouldn't fret about it.)
    Side note: I dropped a Candied Gland from the loot fairy a day or two ago. It's the first holiday legendary treasure I ever got from a chest.

40c_rudy likes this.
  13. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

As said before that, max usable of non legendary, non epics. I may try them after completing max usable of commons, uncommons and rares.

Alltough the chance on some Azgul's Orba, Luke's Iron Hands, Brin's Storm Lockets, Chartwell's_Rings and especially on some Asmod's Telekinetic Chains and Skull Of Savage Iljins is nice.

Thanks for that information. I never have seen the number on the top right. :D This way I dont need to say about 60 Zapping Headbands, but can say exactly 68. ;)

timeracers likes this.
  14. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Relic Of St. Darqar and Necalli Charm were the highlights. In rares a Sacrifical Axe is noteworthy. Maybe three Ring Of Force are also noteworthy, since the rare arcane items will for sure be trouble maker in the end?

Here the progress:

15-11-03_level_6-10.png 15-11-04_level_6-10.png

The overall progress seemed bigger while farming, but the 20 items in level 9 for example were just 2 percentage points. May be showing the progress just every three days is enough. But I was too excited to see, how much progress I have done. :)

Sir Veza and Vacuity like this.
  15. Vacuity

Vacuity Ogre

I made a suggestion (in the suggestion forum, of course) that there should be a "Sell all unusable" button in shops. That way, with one click, you could sell all excess and unusable items automatically. Looking back, I think my post could have been written with more clarity...

But even some of us relatively inexperienced players are aiming at the full set of equipable items. A forlorn hope, perhaps, but still!

I'd also like to thank Sir_Veza, I never noticed that number either. Very useful!

Sir Veza, Obernoob and haesslicherBob like this.
  16. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Highlights: Hawkwind Mocccasins, Vira's Shimmering Robes and since the robes are my first the 96% overall completion, Blazing Shortsword, , Mouse Boots, Corian's Boots, my first Trogsbane as well as 2 Blazing Stones and therefore level 3 max usable completness.

The progress:
    15-11-04_level_6-10.png 15-11-07_level_6-10.png
    The progress over the last three days was pretty good. But it started to stumble in the end, because the commons are nearly complete and there are also not many uncommons left, of which I dont have max usable of. Items I need are headed by things like 9x Caustic Rings.

40c_rudy, Han Lee and Sir Veza like this.
  17. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

I bet a really good triple duel team also helps with this progress ;)

18. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I have one and have been playing till the eleventh chest two of the last three leagues. The last and the next triple duel are at inappropriate times. But the items you get are all over the place and I only open the purple chests I get as league reward.

19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm still below max on several seasonal items, so I'm making it a point to open all my league chests before the halloween shop closes.

20. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Highlights: My first Sacrifice Mantel. With the third Sharp Flames I have Arcane Skill completness. Beside that there were some unexciting level 9 epic items like A Crown Of Mad Eskin or Chadwick's Clog, which are not really highlights, but what can you expect from level 9 items? Beside Parrying Buckler and some skill items like Focused Piety there is no good level 9 item or do I overlook something? And this allthough there are only on level 18 more items than on level 9. You may consider Luke's Iron Hand as good item, but it has the general problem of level 9 items, that for most cases a straight update exists in Ring Of Appropriation.
    Small highlights are the completness of Accursed Blue Stone and Stone Of Shards.

Here the progress:

15-11-07_level_6-10.png 15-11-09_level_6-10.png
    As expected the progress slowed down, but it is still visible. If I assume the progress would be linear, I would need another 58 days for the complettness of level 6 - 9. May be I will do a better assumption on next saturday, when I have more data available with a regression analysis, because I have to train that anyway.