Melancthon's Testing

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Melancthon, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Played my first two matches with a deck meant to test both the Pathfinding/Ancient Grudge combo as well as Inquisitor's Strike with attachment stacking. Sorry for the lack of detail on these matches, I played them a few days ago, before I knew exactly what you were looking for in terms of feedback and took poor notes.

Grudge Match
    MelHuWar3
    Level 1 Human Warrior

MelHumPriest
    Level 15 Human Priest

MelElWiz1
    Level 1 Elf Wizard

VS. Fanturluche playing a vamp-heavy 2DwPr/DwWiz
    No combo, but still pulled off a win on the strength of Inquisitor's Strike

VS. MathuranF playing Walpurgis-heavy 2DwWar/DwPr
    No combo, also the match that lead me to post about how Walpurgis makes things hard to test. Won a chaotic match with a lot of random forms flying around.

Next three matches I played a strong pre-CM build, running extra Shrug It Off to get rid of unwanted forms, etc.

Pre-CM Dwarven Twip
    MelDwWar2
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

MelHumPriest
    Level 15 Human Priest

MelDwWar3
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

VS. Fanturluche playing 2DwPr/HuWiz with Spark of Undeath

I won this one in typical Nimble Dwarf style. Fan used his Spark offensively on one of my warriors, but it wasn't enough to shut him down, as he already had a Nimble Strike in hand and was able to kill the wizard. The weak draws from Zombie form slowed me down for a turn, but I was still able to take out one of his low-health priests with a Mass Frenzied Mob Attack (not sure if that's the name, the one that does one base damage). Fanturluche may have suffered from bad draws, as I only saw the one Spark.

VS. tmzerozero playing 2HuPr/DwWiz on Temple Tussle (I finally remembered to note the map). Priests were aggressive with Vamp attacks, saw mostly control from the mage.

Lost my priest on the first round, then chased down and killed his mage with one of my warriors, who then died to Invigorating Touch priests. Managed to stall on the VP for a couple of turns with my last remaining warrior, but eventually lost out to more Invigorating Touch. Competitive fight, I would have had a better chance had tmzerozero not so deftly cut down my priest turn one.

VS. vitreo2084 playing 3HuWiz on Temple Tussle. Leadership, Chask, Grudge, and TK for days.

Managed to take out one wizard early with Nimble, etc. Got my priest onto the VP while vitreo TK'd my warriors all over the place, occasionally getting in some damage. Took down another wizard while he slowly took out both of my warriors. Match ended with my priest and his last wizard on the VP, I managed to draw lethal before he did for the win.

In all, I didn't see many new cards from my last three matches, and the ones I did didn't leave much of an impression on me either way. The build I'm running here is very strong, so I'll have to be on the look-out for people playing optimized CM builds when I next have time to test.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Okay, I have 5 games noted for you. Maybe wait to test more until we've made some changes, which should be soon!

3. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Will do. Early testing happened to fall on a week I had taken for vacation time, unfortunately I'm back to forty-five hours a week. I'll do my best!

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thank you for all your help with the Castle Mitternacht playtest.

Unless you posted more in another thread (in which case, sorry I missed it), I have you at 5 games.

You will receive 1 Epic Mitternacht chest when this content is released.

5. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Thank you for having me! Five games is correct.

Flaxative likes this.