Mauve Manticore #8

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by wavy, Aug 13, 2015.

1. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Just played through and really enjoyed it - many thanks to the authors. I'd love battles where you get the chance to play mobs instead of single characters as it's the opposite of most of the SP campaign.

More of the same please!

2. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

I liked seeing the Chupacabra and Bear Shark mobs. I was just thinking there are some monsters in the game that are too rare (seeing them once and in only one adventure is a waste of assets I think) so it's nice to see the rare monsters in the MM maps.

Pawndawan likes this.
  3. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Yes, recent issues (MM #7 and MM #8) have gone to a direction I enjoy greatly.

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Want to see more of something in MMs? You could always be the one to add it (and get Pizza in the process). :)

5. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

6. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Because I think this MM was easier than the other ones i made some challenges for you guys if you got time for them.
    Challenges for players:
    Disturbed Monkeys:
    Easy:
    Dont lose any monkeys Hard: Dont let the chief take any damage
    King of the Haul:
    Easy:
    Say above 20 HP Hard: Stay above 25 HP
    Monsters in the Closet:
    Easy:
    Dont lose any Wyverns Hard: Keep at least 2 Wyverns at full HP
    Bonus: If you want to complete the Hard you must complete the easy challenge at the same time.

CT5, Flaxative and Pawndawan like this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Hard Monkey doesn't sound too difficult if you don't have to keep the other monkeys alive.
    When I played through Haul, I had 1 HP at the end.:)
    I got the Easy Wyvern on my first try. Not sure if I can manage Hard.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This seems like a fun way to have community-generated challenge that doesn't make MM unplayably hard for scrubs ;)

BlackVoidDeath, Sir Veza and CT5 like this.
  9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Thanks for looking out for us scrubs, BM! :)
    (I'm not sure which way Flax would go if it was solely up to him.)

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm just being silly. I think you all know which side I'm on. And Jon doesn't seem to care what I do with Mauve Manticore... =)

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Fry

Fry Ogre

I found MM 8 to be significantly easier than most of the other MMs (all of which I have played through within the last couple weeks). Not that there's anything wrong with that - several previous MMs were so difficult they felt unfair. The lineup of playable characters in this one was fun and diverse - stealing key cards with the monkeys and playing huge AoE smashes with the ogre felt great.

Maniafig, Pawndawan and Flaxative like this.
  12. PurpleRed

PurpleRed Orc Soldier

MM #8 is well named, it is the perfect challenge for 8 year olds.