Mauve Manticore #7

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Jarmo, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Tips, they are needed. Anyone have any for battle 1 of Mauve Manticore #7?

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Battle 1:

Movement: Try to avoid getting stuck between enemies. At first, let them use their movement as much as possible and then move away from them. You can keep an enemy who is grey and cannot attack anymore as a shield when you're in a tight corridor. Remember the lizardman has range 2 attacks, keep well away from him until you can corner him.

Attacks: Always keep a Corrosive Touch in hand (an attack which strips the attacks from an enemy) as protection for when an enemy gets next to you. Use it to make him harmless and then kill or damage him, then move away.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Maniafig likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Personally I found that it's easiest if you can kill the lizardman first. Also, despite there being only one on the board, I think I set it up so he's still a minion and can only attack once.

Maniafig likes this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

What I do: move to the side and try to get a grunt between you and the hulks. Then ignore the goblins to kill the lizard. Try to save a Corrosive Touch for next round and move away as your last action so you can discard all their attacks after they play their traits. (Originally there were 2 lizards and I needed ~6 attempts to beat it.)

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Using the exact tactics I posted above I easily won the battle just now. The lizardman was no problem. At the right moment, I took one attack from him into my face and then moved next to him and eliminated him. Like Flaxative said, he can only attack once per round. He was the only one who was even able to damage me in the match.

Movement and Corrosive Touches at the right time kept me safe the whole time. Letting the enemies exhaust their moves as much as possible before committing to an escape route kept me well away from anyone until I was ready with a Corrosive Touch.

6. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

7. I just find your voice so amusing :D I would buy a book on tape with you as the narrator.

Though the easiest way to beat Mauve Manticore #7, map 1 is to bait the AI into trying to attack your rear.

The original version of that map:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    Pawndawan likes this.
  8. Annoyed

Annoyed Kobold

So when someone criticises your stupid maps, the past gets deleted. This is not a community, this is dictatorship and stupidity.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Constructive criticism is welcome, as is honestly any negativity so long as it's respectful. No one needs to be subjected to vitriol, insults, etc.. We have some guidelines on what kind of behavior is acceptable on these forums and most people manage to express their opinions without breaking those guidelines. Good luck.

10. Wocket

Wocket Orc Soldier

Congrats to LeisureSuitLoli, Youbo, and Flaxative! I just started playing this week, so MM 7 was my inaugural entry to fan-made maps. I'm greatly looking forward to the other issues, if this is the quality I can enjoy!

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

MM8 came out today - hope you enjoy :)