Low/High lvl Vampire Priest SP farming builds

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Predaking, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Predaking

Predaking Orc Soldier

Can anyone post a good (the best) build for a Vampire Priest.
    1 at max lvl and 1 for lvl1-4 w/o any power stones. Could you also include the best race for these builds?

So far I am trying builds with:

Vampire's Blade
    Slippery Shield
    Hand of Melvelous
    Black Iron Boots
    Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud
    Flax's Thirsty Vial
    Glasod's Dark Skull
    Opaline Armor
    Focused Healer

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  2. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Best vampires are stabby vampires and their best weapons are Byzner's Black Spear and Darkforce Nunchaku. Maybe include pergop's boots on an elf vampire with cautious mobility for control and perfect ferocity on dwarf vampire for dwarf cry + frenzy aura.

3. Predaking

Predaking Orc Soldier

Stabby means?

How about:

Gauntlets of the Giant
    Cuirass of the Froth
    Perfect Ferocity

Stacking Frenzy Aura + Vamp?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  4. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

I'll take the tokenless build. You want dwarf vamps for most of the levels, where the mobs come to you, and elven vamps for the ranged levels where you have to track them down. That stays true through the entire game.

Weapons: Vampire's Blade is the cheap go-to, but if your guys get surrounded by mobs, you'll take heavy damage. St. Portia's Maul is a great tokenless legendary, one of the few divine weapons with 6x attack (3x draining).

Shield: Twisting Shield and Hexagon Shield are cheap vs melee. Bulleye Shield vs ranged.

Armour: an extra invig touch is always worth it, so Glowing Hide Armor is a great common. There's a lot of choices here though, depending on what you want. Dark Chain Shirt is always good.

Shoes: probably go armour vs movement here, even vs the demons, because their attacks are weak vs armour but can soon wear down an unarmoured character. Bertha's, Vira's, Xalanen's are all good choices depending on what you're facing.

Items: ideally you want 3x Hand of Melvelous, but Flax's Thirty Vial is a good epic sub.

Racial: dwarf vamps have the best tokenless combat racials by far in Raging Battler. Apprentice Ferocity is good here, too. Pick a movement boost you like with the elves.

Skill: I usually take Trained Cleansing, again for the extra attack. Purge can be handy, too, especially on the demon portal level.

degensquared and Sir Veza like this.
  5. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Stabby = range 2 attacks. Like Happenstance said, you ideally want 3x hand of melvelous. Vampire blade is good if you can risk dying to loneliness, and great for handicap modules. If you need to go tokenless at the lower level modules, St Portia's Maul is the weapon of choice because you have such low HP.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

As an additional suggestion for tokenless divine items, keep your eye out for Shuddering Relic. Only one vamp attack, but it's got a Mass Frenzy to buff the team, and with draining attacks the Vulnerable isn't much of a worry. The Vulnerable also cycles you closer to your attacks and frenzies. And since it's only a rare, it's not incredibly hard to come by.

Another item to look out for is Manifold Healer. It costs a single minor token, but it brings two Talented Healer with it, which turns all your drains into Cantrips.

7. Predaking

Predaking Orc Soldier

Thanks people for the replies. Ill update the OP with the builds/items you gave once I'm on my laptop again so other members could have a quick overview w/o scrolling down the entire text.

It will be later today.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015