low 1700 elo build: 2 warriors,1 wizard(It only works until the nerfs come)

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by hello world, Jun 27, 2016.

1. hello world

hello world Hydra

This build, with some variations took me to 1700 in both this and the crypt rotation.
    The basic idea is to have superior movement options than your opponents, this allows you to start a 2 vs. 1 fight against a empty handed character or a support character, but also to easily stall on the victory points once your characters are too wounded to start another fight.
    It unfortunately does that only at the cost of a low damage output, so elvish maneuvers drawing you plenty of laser thrusts (or good movement cards) is quite useful, and adding that to dwarf warriors becoming stronger after the nerfs and their 8 extra hp, I'm not sure that this build will still work(you could go nova axe+2 slice and dice,I guess, but you are still only dealing 8 damage for each swing and lose a violent spin).
    Unfortunately the reliance on laser attacks and their rolls to do most of your damage might make reaching 1800 hard even in the hand of a better player.
    Drunglid
    Level 23 Dwarf Wizard
    Pearwood Staff(3 very good cards for the deck , and mighty spark/acid jet aren't terrible either, best source of winds of war,Imho).
    Pearwood Staff
    Ring Of Appropriation(could also be luke's iron hand, considering the fright, I only have 1 hand and I got it recently so I haven't yet changed it)
    Ring Of Appropriation
    Ring Of Appropriation
    Asmod's Telekinetic Chain(saves 1 token for the robes)
    Perrio's Kinetic Robes(more telekinesis for more consistency, the reliable mail isn't great but is not totally terrible)
    Mouse Boots(flanking move is quite good when your wizard is full of range 4 attacks)
    Novice Ferocity(charges to reach the position faster, I found that the parry from tough charger was waiting too long in my hand to get cycled, so I picked the more proactive option)
    Electroporter Novice(duh)

Imaeceler
    Level 5 Elf Warrior
    Nova Axe(6 good cards,3 of which you can draw with maneuvers,and when you want to isolate someone forcefields, maneuvers, immovable,nimbus and martir blessing are all serious annoyances thet you'll be glad to remove, tried laser rapier but having a 3+ block that you want to trigger aggressively at the first roll was just painful)
    Nova Axe
    Troll's Ire(no bad cards to draw and really good damage output)
    Spiked Tlahuiztli(cycles and is probably a little less painful than perilious ringmail)
    Black Cat Buckler(Parrying buckler was too anti melee, black cat buckler gives you all the blocks you need against mage teams while still giving you a barely acceptable number of blocks vs. warriors)
    Lieutenant's Cap(could be the team dash, scuttle team one too, I thing I only have this equipped because moving the mage 3 squares on the first batch of custom made maps was so good)
    Mouse Boots(who doesn't love regaining priority at the end of each round?)
    Cautious Mobility(duh)
    Novice Impaling(duh)

Galicarfe
    Level 18 Elf Warrior

Master Goo, Macizo and Pawndawan like this.
  2. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I never thought EM with Mouse is a good idea but I guess I'm wrong.

Though isn't Buckwell's better in that case? You swap 1 very situational Cautious Sneak for an Officer's Harness.

3. hello world

hello world Hydra

Maybe on the AI maps since not having a good place to land with cautious sneak is an issue, on the other maps I'd prefer a run to harness, it generally saves more life points.

4. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Why not thougt leather cap. Still i like the build.

5. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

You could try variation with two different warriors, one with more moves and one with more damage. Only you would know which is which and which one would need to be pushed ahead or pulled back.

6. hello world

hello world Hydra

I have 5 three damage attacks and 10 high damage ones, I switch to it whenever I change one of the nova axes to another weapon with more medium-high damage attacks, but for the double nova axe version it was too clunky.

Also I modified my old secondary party and are on a 15 games win streak, I'm glad I posted this and decided to start tunung my old build, only sad part is that I had to drop the crespin's shrouds due to lack of space.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  7. hello world

hello world Hydra

Tried a new build after falling to 1500.
    Got to 1735 floated around 1650-1700 with a 16 games win streak.

The plan of the build is simple, pretend that your priests are just support for as long as possible to waste the enemy movement, then whack it to oblivion.

You have a lot of movements to get into range as needed and can dish out damage pretty fast.

9+1 purging effects aren't that many, so only use them as needed or at least keep one or two of them in hand, since forcefield can be annoying otherwise.

The deck is weak to all out attacks , good shields ( you don't have that many attacks to bait the various tipes of parry) and cause fumble. Bad shields can be punished easily with purging burst, impetuous heal and a properly placed spark.

Priest n.1

Level 1 Human Priest

Blackhammer 4 good attacks out of five cards.

Huetotl's Firebrand some mass frenzies can be useful

Glowing Hide ArmorFree attack and movement

Quinn's BucklerTurns your blocks into more walks

Marmot BootsI don't have 2 hawkwind mocassins and this looks like the best replacement.

Spellstripper RelicSome purges are always useful

Draining ConsoleGood attacks, tk synergises with the beacon.

Draining Console

Trained CommandMovement and attacks, plus humans pass as support more easily than other races

Trained CleansingMoar attacks, also less weird traits to not reveal too early that something is wrong with both your support priests.

1 x Walk, Team!
    1 x Dash, Team!
    1 x Thick Hide Armor
    3 x Purging Burst
    1 x Holy Presence
    1 x Potent Stab
    1 x Reliable Hide Armor
    1 x Triple Heals
    1 x Enervating Touch
    1 x Run
    1 x Dash
    1 x Subtle Parry
    1 x Wings Of Faith
    2 x Fiery Stab
    2 x Healing Beacon
    6 x Invigorating Touch
    3 x Sundering Strike
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Purge
    2 x Mass Frenzy
    2 x Dodge
    1 x Impetuous Heal
    1 x Attack, Soldier!

Priest n.2

Level 4 Human Priest

Glinting Eye HammerGood attacks and good support spells

Blackhammer

Glowing Hide Armor

Quinn's Buckler

Hawkwind's Moccasins

Draining Console

Yod's Purification KitNot sure about this, but at least it gives one purge and a good attack

Spellstripper Relic

Trained Command

Trained Cleansing

1 x Walk, Team!
    1 x Thick Hide Armor
    1 x Reliable Hide Armor
    1 x Enervating Touch
    2 x Mighty Bludgeon
    1 x Escaping Run
    2 x Dangerous Maneuver
    1 x Healing Beacon
    5 x Invigorating Touch
    2 x Sundering Strike
    1 x Attack, Soldier!
    1 x Genetic Engineering
    2 x Dodge
    3 x Purging Burst
    1 x Dash, Team!
    1 x Impetuous Heal
    1 x Radioactive Spray
    2 x Purge
    1 x Powerful Bash
    1 x Healing Rays
    1 x Holy Presence
    1 x Wings Of Faith
    1 x Potent Stab
    1 x Raging Strike
    1 x Subtle Parry

The wizard

Level 23 Dwarf Wizard

Deadly, Deadly StaffGood damage to complement the priests.

HeartripperI want to stay at range 4 anyway and it also gives a good damage output

Ring Of AppropriationMovement

Ring Of Appropriation

Asmod's Telekinetic ChainMovement

Asmod's Telekinetic Chain

Perrio's Kinetic RobesMovement

Mouse BootsStealing priority is good

Novice FerocityDwarves are slow, this helps moving him around

Focused ElectromancyMostly to make the telekinesis unblockable.

2 x Flanking Move
    6 x Punishing Bolt
    3 x Spark Generator
    10 x Telekinesis
    1 x Reliable Mail
    2 x Gusts Of War
    2 x Charge
    6 x Deadly Spark
    1 x Flimsy Block
    2 x Stone Spikes
    1 x Cautious Sneak

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016