Discussion in 'Support' started by FireballManaBee, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Attempted to log in several times in the last half and hour and it keeps telling me I've got the wrong password, which is not the case I even reset my password but the problem persists. I was on earlier today I can't imagine what the issue is

2. Taktuk

Taktuk Kobold

Same problem!

3. It just let me log in.

4. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Please try clearing your browser cache.

We're working on fixing this.

5. Trollman

Trollman Kobold

In case it helps at all: it gave me the wrong password for user error "(0)", and I reset my password and it still gave me that error. Then I refreshed the page and it gives me a Login security error "Error #2048".

The practical effects are identical of course, but the error message itself is changing.

-Frank

6. Jon

Did you try clearing cache? A new build that should solve the issue is going up shortly.

7. Trollman

Trollman Kobold

I did. Then I refreshed the page and google chrome crashed. Now it's giving me a message that the server will be shut down in seven minutes.

The errors keep evolving. Good to see something is being done.

-Frank

8. Jon

Should be fixed now, sorry for the problems.

9. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

We fixed one of the potential issues here. What still seems to be coming up as a "Wrong password" error is really an old version of the client. The authentication system changed, and the older client is trying to log in before asking for an authentication token from the new system. Unfortunately, that login request happens before the client version check - so we aren't detecting that it's an old client that's really the problem.

Fortunately, clearing your browser cache should fix that and force the browser to download the new client.

10. playhavock

playhavock Mushroom Warrior

Clearing everything fixed the issue for me. My brain almost exploded when I couldnt log in. I'm addicted to this game. Pizza on the brain now. its all your falt. :)

11. robohathorne

robohathorne Kobold

Clearing browser cache worked for be.