Level 20 Characters.?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Dakmor, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Dakmor

Dakmor Mushroom Warrior

What do you do with a level 20 character?

I have three of them on 20, with 1exp each. Since I don't see any Quests on higher levels, I assume the only thing to do is MP.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

MP characters are auto adjusted to 18 and you can't currently use characters above 19 (highest level adventure+2) in SP. You'll be able to use lvl 20 characters once the new lvl 18 adventures are out (which should be soon).

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

4. Pengw1n

Kalin, are you sure the level cap is being raised? Just curious if that's confirmed or just speculation - as I guess that's how it would work if there was no "real cap" implemented, rather than nowhere to gain xp above 20.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm assuming there isn't a level cap, because if there was shouldn't it be at capped 18 like Renown?

6. Dakmor

Dakmor Mushroom Warrior

So there might be content for it soon, but it might be behind a paywall. Okay.

7. Pengw1n

Some of the new adventures are likely Treasure Hunts - but unless I'm misstaken, it doesn't say which in the files (yet). None of the lvl 18 adventures are marked as locked - which the other Treasure Hunts are - and there's generally 2+ adventures and 1 Treasure Hunt per level. Unless Kalin's got access to any specific information I'd not jump to the conclusion that all the lvl 18 adventures areTreasure Hunts - as that doesnt' follow the usual formula.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, I'm guessing that if we get to play level 18 content, our level 20 characters will be able to gain experience for the first time since the level 17 adventures stopped giving us experience. And that would mean hitting level 21 eventually, and then no longer gaining experience :)

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I haven't heard or seen anything (yet) that officially calls them treasure hunts, but the Twitter feed mentions "expansion treasure hunts" and the descriptions of the new level 18 adventures talk about going to retrieve specific items which are guaranteed drops for those modules, so I'm pretty sure they will be treasure hunts. They can't actually tag them as treasure hunts yet, because that would cause them to be included in the bundle price and they'd have to give people refunds again.

10. Pengw1n

Yeah, I noticed the twitter post about the treasure hunts - but I have a hard time believing BM would paywall all lvl 18 adventures as treasure hunts. We all know some adventures have guaranteed loot, even without TH status - so while it might be a clue, it might not. Another thing to note is that there is a lack of a treasure hunt in the mid levels (I believe it was at lvl 9), and one of the new adventures seems to be at that level. Guess we'll see soon.