Last Time I Spend Money on CH

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by cycosurgeon, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Sorry can't do it anymore. Tired of spending money to be powerless and frustrated in MP. Honestly I don't care if the devs can't pay the CH server bills or feed their kids anymore. As far as I am concerned the devs haven't been holding themselves accountable for balance testing and balance screw ups and I am done being annoyed by the endless loop of issues.

2. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Ever heard of "Feedback and Suggestions" forum? Well now you have. :p

3. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Elaborating on what you think are the issues will go a long way to helping the devs understand and resolve the problems, and improve the game and your experience.

Thing about Card Hunter is, it's one of the few games where you don't need to spend money to be competitive, and one of the few games where spending money won't guarantee success. So, don't spend money, so be it. Spending money may get you the items you want faster but it certainly won't win you games just like that. The real way to improve is to play the game, experience it. If you truly like the game it won't matter if you lose a game or a few games, as long as you learn from it, and most importantly, have fun.

If you're not having fun, there isn't any point continuing. Don't worry, there are many, many games out there where spending money will get you success, aka pay to win. If you want that feeling of crushing people under the power of your money then go ahead. But be aware that in those games, no matter how much you spend, there will be others who out-spend you. And those games will just suck you dry, and for what? You won't feel any sense of accomplishment, you just bought your success.

I kind of went on a tangent there, so

TL;DR: Constructive feedback would help more, and the most important thing is to have fun.

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Can't and won't are two different words, use the correct one. While you are correct that balance isn't perfect, no game is. Isn't your problem that you don't want to play meta builds and really want to play acid builds? Regardless of the game you can't assume every card combination in a deck is going to be as effective as another, so restricting yourself to excessive acid builds is going to limit you.

5. I never paid to win because I don't use half the gear everyone else exploits to hell and back. My code of honor won't let me abuse balance issues. I only pay for the game because I wanted to see the devs get paid for their time and effort. And someone has to spend money to make up for all the freeloaders floating around!

There was no feedback or suggestions in my post, I simply made a statement! Won't implies I have a choice! I feel I don't have a choice anymore, so can't is the correct word and if you don't like it, too bad.

Game just isn't fun anymore no matter what builds I play.

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

That seems contradictory. Let me simplify this for you: Do you have money in a applicable bank that isn't needed for food and other needed items. If yes then you can spend money on this game, otherwise you can't spend money on it.
    PS: Either way saying you can't instead of won't isn't making as strong a statement. With "can't" you can't use it like this: Because the balance is bad, I can't spend money on this game.
    Note: You don't necessary need a bank account.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  7. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I don't think that continuing on the path of semantics is the way to go @timeracers.

8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Glad a pressing issue was adressed here: Theres hardly anything to spend money on (after a certain point). Give me more figures. If it bloats the game and thats an issue, give me some sort of rotation, fresh figures that change monthly. Also I still want the figures to have oneliners at the push of a button. AI showcases potential, i would pay for voicepacks in an Heartbeat.
    Also fix the voice of the demon elf figure, srsly, its pure win.

Christofff likes this.
  9. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

Wah wah

10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

i'll throw a few cents and say... I understand both sides.

I love this game. My steam in-game hours should make that obvious. I play it everyday, though multiplayer mostly. I've paid for pizza several times. I do complain about luck a lot, but that's just how the game is. I'll whine for a few seconds or minutes and then I'll move on.

What I do not like and I hardly accept can be witnessed with current AA and every AA's aftermath. And that is the speed of updates and their usual size. Now, I don't want for Blue Manchu to spam updates, balance changes and whatnot.

BUT GIVE US SOMETHING EVERY X MONTHS, PLEASE. OR LET US DO SOMETHING THAT LEADS TO YOU DOING SOMETHING.

I know this is a weird example, but dota 2. There's ONE person BALANCING the game. And the game is, for the most part, balanced. Meta changes from patch to patch, but that's how you keep the game fresh. Yes, there are more people coding all these changes in, but that doesn't change the fact that the mastermind behind balancing is one person.

And compare the update times. I feel like in about 5 months dota received a huge 7.00 update, and then 7.01 and 7.02 today.

Card Hunter during this time got CM and 3-4 AAs. Yes, that isn't nothing, but before CM there was more than a year, when the biggest game-changers we got were AI and that small balancing patch with less than 20 things changed total. Whereas in a year of dota two big balancing patches, maybe even 3, happened. With smaller ones in-between.

As a player who gives feedback, I feel powerless. I rarely see anything happen. I want to see something happen.

What if we had some balancing comittee? Group of folks, dunno how big, just people specifically working to improve stuff in-game. Both SP and MP kind of people, and I don't mean that they should specialize in both, no. Jacks of all trades are masters of none, usually. Just buncha people brainstorming stuff.

As much as MP can be annoying nowadays, with Greater Heal spam being a thing, wizards being nearly powerless because of Vengeance and Vanguard and Inquisitor's Strike w/ burning wrecking everything, SP has it far worse. With Nightling, every SP module got significantly easier, and with werewolves you don't even need to build a really good deck, because monster hide is a potential freebie from here. Hell, there's even a tokenless Monster Hide item if you didn't like tokenless Reliable Mail for some reason. Priests got a risk-free option for Unholy Wellspring for tokenless which is also cool for SP. Makes that more fun, but also easier a ton.

And it's not just balance that suffers. With more legendary items, means of getting them need to be improved. That'd be a good place to make guilds more useful. Give guilds something like an ability to lend one guildmate one of your randi items for their randi or something.

I can appreciate the stuff that got revitalized thanks to CM - Devastating Blow with new items and cards suddenly becomes a bit more viable, Human Warriors are back, etc. But the state of the game we currently have is far from ideal and will probably never be ideal. What we can do is just make the matters more fresh... or rather, what we could do. Because we can't. No matter how much I'd love to make it happen, it won't unless we get a chance.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Melancthon, wereviper and ElMath like this.
  11. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

I don't see why you feel you need to pay to win, besides maybe a burning wiz... (but even then just enter leagues win one or three gold chests a day and buy one legendary a week from randimars and you will get there - minimal time investment and maximum return)??

One of the beauty of this game is that you DON'T need to pay to win. That's why I paid for an expansion ;)

12. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Don't forget that every thing has its counters.

Endless greater heal priest? Use counterspell / forgetfullness. Focus your attacks on the priest so their altruism doesn't trigger when they have to heal themself. Play illusory barrier and control, then when priest gets near just winds / TK them away. Or play a build with ZERO damage!! I played a guy with triple altruism heal priest / violent spin / cause fumble and was really impressed with how he survived 6 rounds just healing. Alkso made my blocks and toughness dead cards.

Vanguard? only lasts two turns and its counter is entangling roots / purge.

I agree vengeance is nice against wiz but it doesn't have to wreck them and can be played around. You can even run memory loss / short perpelxing ray, and wait til they use their move / step attack to get close then just force them to discard it.

Inquisitor's strike with burning wiz?? Yes its a nice combo, but hopefully you have scouted items during discard phase in previous rounds so have some idea of what to expect and can play accordingly. (Antimagic skin / purging burst / melee blocks).

Snarlclub hide is a bit OP, i agree, and same for Outcast's relic, but, with respect to your suggestions, to me these are all minor issues compared to other OP items and cards, such as the divine weapon Evensong...

I am happy with the current rate of balancing and this is one of the few games where the Devs listen carefully to our feedback, I like that. I also know that if I really feel strongly I can cast a vote and there's nothing like people power.