Just starting out. Help with deckbuilding in MP?

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by wtfzambo, May 25, 2016.

1. wtfzambo

wtfzambo Kobold

Hello hunters!

As title says, I recently started playing (I have just about 80 hours), and would like to progress in PvP, but after reaching around 1k rating, I started to struggle quite a lot in my battles, mostly because I have no f-ing idea about what is good and what isn't. My strategy to build a character basically went like: "this card is a lvl 20 legendary, let's stick it in". Especially if it was a weapon.

I searched around for guides or tips on deckbuilding, but I only found premade decks which I obviously can't craft yet due to the lack of items at my disposal. Moreover, I also noticed, looking at some premade decks, that a lvl 20 item isn't necessarily the best fit, even if orange.

Another thing that bothers me is that I can't seem to find a loot table to check where a specific item drops most often (if there is, please do link ^^).

So I'm asking you guys for some advice or tips to follow, in order to learn how to build a proper team for MP.

All the best :)

2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Hello and welcome to Card Hunter!

Generally, if you want to climb the ELO rank as a newbie with a limited collection, warriors are the way to go. Wizards and priest usually require more epic and legendary items to be really competitive than warriors.

Triple elf warriors aka Cult of Bejeweled is the cookie-cutter build that can get you to 1500 - 1600 ELO, if the meta and maps are favourable. The original CoB thread and post-EttSC update thread.

Experimenting with 2 warriors and 1 support (buffs + team moves) priest is another fairly common and straightforward approach.

For individual item evaluation check out Rate my Randimar's Rarities and Daily Deal threads: Peon's 400th Review Razzmatazz & Peon's Not So Daily Deal.

There are no special loot tables.

From FAQ:

3. wtfzambo

wtfzambo Kobold

Amazing, thanks for the help!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. wtfzambo

wtfzambo Kobold

Small update:

I just started experimenting with this sort of build (obviously slightly modifyied because I don't have all the cards needed) and I gotta say it's ******edly OP.

I run 2x elf warriors and 1x human vampire priest, with some purge along the lines so I can dispel those nasty Impenetrable Nimbus or Savage Curse. The combo Elven Maneuvers + Sparkling Cloth Armor + Vicious Thrust is just so damn stupid! Along with vampire who can 100-0 a target in one go, given the right conditions, I can finally deal with most problems.

It's stupid one doesn't even need to run defensive cards, just go all in on the mage and poof, gg. Now I can finally farm those chests and have enough gear to create a proper deck that requires half a brain to be used :D.

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Oh, don't worry. You'll hit another elo ceiling, even with this build. ;)

6. wtfzambo

wtfzambo Kobold

Yeah, no doubt on that. What I meant is that for so little effort I got so much improvement, it's so stupid :D

7. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Yep, i tested it someday: created new account and got 1300+ for an evening or two, starting from clear account. And thats okay, because there are weaker/stronger builds, and they play with similar to them on the similar rating levels.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  8. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

But you have experience.

9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader