Just a janky 1/1/1 2war+control wiz elfless list.How can I improve it?

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by hello world, Jan 16, 2016.

1. hello world

hello world Hydra

Decided to post deck after hitting 1600, I had been floating at 1500 for a while, but I did it(sort of).
    The plan of the deck is to force 2vs.1 fights while the hps last, then stall on the victory points until you win.It's pretty weak to impaling stab, and it doesn't really work on the arena maps.
    I think putting a firebrand on the priest might be an upgrade, but I hit a wall in the medium 1550-1600 with this deck, so that might not be enough.

sergeant
    Level 3 Dwarf Warrior
    The Lunginator Can dish out a lot of damage,while offering 3 multipurpose step attacks.
    Zoltan's Laser Scourgeextra damage, laser whip is a bit difficult to land at times and requires a deck built around it, but the damage it offers is good, as are the 4 lunging bashes.
    Eixocl's Hammerblind rage is always good, dodge gives you the most relevant part of nimble strike with added card advantage when you don't need it and the attacks make taking a vp very easy.
    Perilous Ringmailonly decent tokenless armor that doesn't force you to reveal laser whip
    Aegis Of The Defenderprobably the weakest part of the warrior, but I had a spare token, and the other characters are susceptible to AoA, just cicling away the cards looked like the best option since all the new shields with laser block are too underwhelming.
    Crusty HelmStandard tokenless helm
    Mouse Bootsthe synergy with whip and lunging bash is good, I don't think this character can fight alone well enough to want the wild run boots instead.
    Apprentice Ferocity I don't have the legendary one, help boosting lunging bash.
    Focused Bashingbludgeon from the tokenless one felt like the worst card in the deck, I have 11 bashes to boost and both all out attack and team walk looked worse than this.

9 x Lunging Bash
    2 x Reliable Mail
    3 x Bruiser
    2 x Unnerving Strike
    1 x Weak Chop
    2 x Pressing Bash
    1 x Hardy Mail
    1 x Dodge
    2 x Flanking Move
    1 x Cautious Sneak
    2 x Laser Whip
    1 x Mighty Hack
    1 x Thickened Mail
    1 x Obvious Maneuver
    2 x Defender's Block
    3 x Blind Rage
    1 x Traveling Curse
    1 x Desperate Block

Goblin hater
    Level 2 Human Priest
    BlackhammerI really wanted a second warrior, but I wanted purges more, blackhammer has the biggest density of good attacks I could find, free block removal and armor removal so it looked like a good fit, since I don't have the firebrand.
    Ripping Mace2 purges, 2 good attacks, a move card and a filler card that can sometime be alright(inspiring presence),it's a decently solid weapon, plus sundering strike has synergy with invigorating touch, did I mention the two purges?
    Glowing Hide Armormore good attacks and movement at tokenless.
    Hexagon Shield1 movement card+2 blocks that can't whiff by blocking magic attacks at tokenless is a steal.
    Wlakwa's Boots 3 movement cards, 2 of which very strong, helps at moving the two dwarves and disengaging from combat.
    Draining Consoleyou can't get enough attacks on weapons with priests, so these help countering that, plus the wizard and the warrior synergise well with healing beacon.
    Draining Console
    Purging CharmAn extra attack that does actually do some damage+ 2 purges.
    Trained CommandMoving a fighter without using its cards is awesome, and dwarves need more movement, plus human priests scream support so it helps smokescreening its deck.
    Trained Cleansing 2 strong cards that do exactly what I want to do+ a trait.

1 x Walk, Team!
    1 x Lunging Bash
    1 x Impetuous Heal
    1 x Potent Stab
    1 x Thick Hide Armor
    6 x Invigorating Touch
    2 x Healing Beacon
    1 x Inspiring Presence
    1 x Purging Burst
    1 x Dash, Team!
    1 x Violent Spin
    1 x Shuffle
    4 x Purge
    1 x Team Walk
    2 x Enervating Touch
    1 x Holy Presence
    1 x Surging Shield Block
    1 x Attack, Soldier!
    1 x Wings Of Faith
    1 x Reliable Hide Armor
    4 x Sundering Strike
    2 x Pushback Parry

companion cube
    Level 18 Dwarf Wizard
    Staff Of WinterSome damage to land the killing blow on injured things, it also keeps the enemy team separated, and makes the mage really good at win by vp in a 1vs1.
    Whiterune Staff6 control cards, 2 armor removal cards that can actually deal decent damage and can block paths,chilling rime is not the best but it still keeps dwarves in check.
    Ring Of Appropriationyou can easily set up the enemy position so that it ends up blocked between your charactes and and away from the enemy with this.
    Ring Of Appropriationyep, the mage is pretty good at stopping you from standing on a victory square.
    Ring Of Appropriation
    Asmod's Telekinetic Chainextra telekinesis
    Green Hide Robe only decent source of wind of war I could find, pulling an enemy toward you by three squares on turn one usually leads to a dead enemy, but all other sources of winds of war I could find were worse, except maybe pearwood staff.
    Mouse BootsA move two that cantrips is really useful when you have 14 range 4 attacks that can stop an enemy from dumping all its attacks on your character.
    Novice FerocityExtra move cards to get in range.
    Electroporter NoviceI wasn't really interested in any of the traits.

1 x Stone Spikes
    5 x Gusts Of War
    2 x Charge
    8 x Telekinesis
    1 x Flimsy Block
    1 x Cold Snap
    2 x Acid Jet
    2 x Flanking Move
    1 x Winds Of War
    1 x Spark Generator
    1 x Reliable Hide Armor
    1 x Spark Inductor
    1 x Cautious Sneak
    3 x Chilling Rime
    4 x Frost Jolt
    1 x Dimensional Traveller
    1 x Quick Run

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Sir Veza and Master Goo like this.
  2. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

All the cards you have look good and I like blackhammer, but besides the general game plan you mentioned at start how do else do they combine?

Also What does your wizard do against enemy wizards who stay outside the range 4 of your control spells?

But you know your deck best. Keep testing and fine-tuning it, but don't change things drastically just from one bad matchup.

It helps if you reflect on both yur wins and losses, where your deck was most vulnerable, how it could be improved. Of course you can't beat every deck, but generally speaking, having a nice mixture of high-damage attacks, movement and control and also, a variety of range attack cards in your wiz, will get the job done.

3. visak13

visak13 Ogre

Try to get some Smoke Pin(s) and Purging Burst. Purge is Meh!. Burst removes blocks plus does it job plus doesn't require LoS.

Also try to get more traits on your wizard.

More Purges required because you may deal with a lot of traits on enemies and/or your characters. I feel that the priest is somewhat diverse and unfocused. I really don't understand how your priest will stay alive against burst wizards given the fact that your own wiz would draw not more than 4 control cards at a time and may still be out of range because it's a dwarf wiz.

I don't have any experience playing that deck but consider this: what if someone puts your wiz in a corner with no LoS for more than 3 turns?

4. hello world

hello world Hydra

Were would I put the smoke pins? If I put them over the rings I'm losing 2 control cards that I can use to move my characters toward the wizards more quickly and also risking to lose line of sight with them earlier, against warrior I'm basically incapacitating my wizard, for example.

More traits for the wizard is also hard, putting them in the arcane item slot actually decreases the number of control cards I will draw, There's a force field/wind of war/squeamish robe, but the wizard usually stays alive just fine without entering in a fight so it would be a dead draw for turns(and my deck doesn't offer that many other targets for purge),and quick run is probably better than squeamish with all the range four cards(when I tried the dwarf skill with parry, parry was dead in the hand for turns).
    Blind rage doesn't fit since keeping winds of war and duplicate ice attacks in hand for turns is desiderable.
    Goat boots are probably a downgrade too due to range concerns.
    I guess there's the weapon slot,but most staffs with trait are poor control staffs...

More purging burst might work, probably a spellstripper relic instead of purging relic and a tokenless racial skill, if necessary with a different race altogether, the purging burst weapon has some terrible attacks.
    he's focused on purges and high damage attacks, anyways
    Burst wizards were an issue once I cutted a purge or two to make room to draining console,the plan was to run at them with the extra aid of the wizard control spells to arrive more quickly, my wizard basically turns into extra walks against them.

I don' t really see how the game would enter in the situation you descrived, I try to keep the togheter and march to the vp, maybe that's why.

5. visak13

visak13 Ogre

Then why did you ask for our opinion? I gave my opinion. I was not interested in what you thought about it. Thanks!