Internal Troubles

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Killer74, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Edit: Updated Indigestion in a later post.
    Added Headache in a later post.
    Added Congestion in a later post.

Indigestion

This is a rather large map, and I haven't decided on which monsters are best. Hyper Thalamus or Brainy Mutant would be good for the brain, but they have cards which sort of mess up the scenario. Any suggestions and criticisms are welcome, especially regarding the monsters used. I'm going to change the grub eggs.

Intro: After a hearty meal, your stomach starts grumbling. You feel a crawling sensation in your throat. You fall to the ground, hoping your body can sort it out.
    Indigestion.jpg

Epilogue:
    You puke, getting rid of the unwanted visitors. Your stomach rumbles, you are ready for your next meal...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Farbs likes this.
  2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I love the concept.

Killer74 likes this.
  3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

In addition to it being too big(can't you condense it?), it is also has the problem that if you lose in a single area you can no longer win(also the enemy can't win if they lose in a single area). The eggs aren't working because there is no group they can add characters to.

Killer74 likes this.
  4. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Thanks.

I realise it's not fleshed out properly, I probably should have done a bit more on it before making a thread about it, but I wanted feedback on the monsters used. The point is that you lose if you lose in a single area (I realise that currently, you have to resign when you do this instead of it being an automatic loss, I'll need to add some tags). I know about the eggs. It's hard to condense it without losing some of the design somewhat, my artistic skills aren't that great. I shall endeavour to do so though.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I don't understand why the brain is included. If you drop that, the map will be smaller and you'll have another monster group available for the grubs.

Killer74 likes this.
  6. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Thanks for the advice. Reduced the board somewhat (chopped out its brain, gave it liposuction, reduced it's intestines by a row), it's still 26x18 (not updated in original post yet). I'll mess around with the monsters tomorrow.

7. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Alright, smaller board and fixed the monsters. It's about medium difficulty, each area can be tricky (though the stomach is pretty easy), and you have to win in all to win. It's pretty much finished. The only problem I have with it now is that you have to manually resign if you can't finish it, but I don't want to mess around with the monsters as they are and can't think of what tags to add to make it an auto-loss (acid often plays a part in killing enemies even after one's character dead).

Tag: noKillPoints, 9 vps required for Gary.

Indigestion

Intro: After a hearty meal, your stomach starts grumbling. You feel a crawling sensation in your throat. You fall to the ground, hoping your body can sort it out.

Screenshot:
    Indigestion_small.jpg

Epilogue:
    You puke, getting rid of the unwanted visitors. Your stomach rumbles, you are ready for your next meal...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  8. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Headache!

Tag: noMinionKillPoints

Intro: After a swim in the nearby-lake, you clamber out and stretch, and bask in the sunlight. Your head starts thumping, and your vision starts to blur. You try to get up, but you can't control your muscles properly. You can only wonder what's going on inside your head.

Screenshot:
    Headache.jpg

Epilogue:
    The headache recedes, and you can now see properly. You rise shakily to your feet and continue on your way, resolving not to go swimming ever again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

1. You can set Gary's VP Goal to 1 point so he wins if he kills any of your chars (or 2 points if you want to survive the death of one of the minor chars).

2. You can use the noKillPoints tag and set all the open tiles to VictoryP1. Then set the player's VP Goal to 1 and Gary's to whatever you want the time limit to be.

Killer74 likes this.
  10. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Thanks, I'll set them all to VictoryP1, that should work alright.

11. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Congestion

Tag: noKillPoints

Intro: You feel a pain in your chest, a slow tightening which seems to gradually spread throughout your body. You break out in a sweat, and find it difficult to breathe. You lean against a nearby tree and pass out.

Congestion.jpg

Epilogue:
    The intense pain passes. You clamber to your feet, as a monstrous bellow shakes the earth. The tree did not take kindly to being lain upon.