in which neonko-sensei instructs cultists

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by neoncat, Jul 11, 2015.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Elf Warrior
    2x Bejeweled Shortsword
    Blazing Shortsword
    Solid Mail
    Black Cat Buckler
    Tough Leather Cap
    Diamond Moccasins
    Cautious Mobility
    Superb Impaling

I hit 1720 ELO yesterday, ranked 7th overall, despite ragequitting against things like control-wizards-on-forest or nimbus-on-any-map. I have left a trail of broken cultists in my wake, though I notice that some of them have begun worshipping my own superior form. (And then the RNG started being a complete jerk, and I quit for a month, and then came back two hours later... no I don't have a problem, and its name isn't card hunter >_>)

Anyways, about the improvements:
    - stabs are great for provoking blocks / softening up before you go in for a kill
    - diamond moccasins are the best boots ever (remember, charging damage is unblockable!)
    - black cat buckler is so much more stylish than parrying buckler
    - AoA drastically reduces the number of hits needed to kill, which is important if you're in a brawl
    - dash, team is basically the best thing after sprint, team for swarming your opponent unexpectedly
    - armor is useless, you're just going to discard it (except for sparkling cloth)

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

So... is there some innovation to be found here or are you just in a sharing mood about how you embraced uniformity?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

The equipment is 99.9999999% different. And better. And more thematically stylish. And faster.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Brings to mind something about skinning a cat.
    Or possibly about a cat re-skinning itself.
    Anyway, Gratz on your stylish triumphant return to the top 10, neon! :cool:

neoncat likes this.
  5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

And like clockwork, as soon as I post my build / pay for club the rng starts being even more of a jerk, costing me 200 ELO.

6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I know that feeling. I once was in the middle of the 1700 and then i lost two games in a row to some 14.. Cultist, which killed me both times through parry and Defender's Block. I dont know, how other people are able to stay in the 17..

7. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I tried to edit my last post, but every time i click edit, i have to authenticate myself again and again and again. No idea what the forum ist up to...

To say something on topic. Is there a reason for the Solid Mail over Dependable Mail? I would always prefer the Dependable Mail. Sometime a Spiked Tlahuiztli seems also nice.

And Tough Leather Cap over Forrtescue's Feathered Cap? I am not really sure about this last decission and I switch both often enough, when I play one of them.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

@Obernoob bad link: Though Leader Cap should be Tough Leather Cap.

9. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Solid Mail is only marginally preferable to Dependable Mail because the expected armor value, although lower, is slightly more spread out. I only hold armor when I'm playing against wizards, and I want to draw more armor sooner in that case. I won't take armor with a damaging drawback, because that 4-6 health is often the difference between a dead warrior and a warrior that can retreat and hang out on the corner of the map until it's over. (25 - 11 * 2 = 3)

I despise Dodge, and will never run an item with it. Plus, AoA gives you an advantage when you're just trading blows, and pairs nicely with quick run / sparkling cloth to get behind enemies. In most cases, Dash, Team will be functionally equivalent to Sprint, Team.

10. I like this but can't help feeling that Spiked Tlahuiztli or Perilous Ringmail would be preferable.

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

This will often occur if you've bookmarked the https: url. If this is the case, editing to http: should fix it.

As to specific items, I believe neoncat considers his sense of style to be at least as important as functionality.
    Don't be afraid to create your own style, and don't expect to change his.

Pawndawan and Christofff like this.
  12. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

looks interestoing

how do you beat control wiz though? your elves have very little extra movement cards?

13. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Thanks for pointing on this. It did help indeed.

He quits within ten seconds. Really. I followed some games of DarialStorm or Scarponi and was surprised, when he suddenly was some points in elo up without me seeing a game. I looked for the last games and there was the sudden death of neoncat.

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

So he basically prays on those who won't stoop to similar lows to counter.