Images have to reload every login

Discussion in 'Support' started by Eastside, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Eastside

Eastside Kobold

Every time I log in, all gear, card, module, etc. images have to reload in order for them to load fast/smooth the rest of the time I'm logged in. Is there a way to make it so these images load quickly all the time?

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This is dependent on your browser cache. What browser are you using? Is it possible that you disabled or turned down the cache?

3. Eastside

Eastside Kobold

I'm using Chrome. I have it set to allow all cookies and they stay until I manually delete them which I only do every 10 days or so. Is there something else I need to do?

4. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

There are effectively three different speeds at which you'll see these stream in. These are:
    1) Slow, first load over the network
    2) Fast, but not instantaneous, from browser cache
    3) Instantaneous, has already been seen and cached into memory this play session

Is there any chance that the behaviour you're observing is #2?

5. Eastside

Eastside Kobold

It's #2 at first, then #3 the rest of the time I'm playing. When I quit playing, log out, log back in another time, the process repeats.

6. Eastside

Eastside Kobold

I guess I just have to deal with it?

7. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Sorry, yeah, it sounds like the system is working as intended. I've never found it a problem, which makes me wonder if this might be running particularly slowly on your system. Things you could try include freeing up (or buying) more RAM if that's the problem, or defragmenting your hard drive. I could imagine issues in either of these areas slowing your disk->memory streaming down.