How to stop the Dregs and excel the Conquest.

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Ghostbrain, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

With a little quieting period from, yours truly. I've slightly adapted my thoughts. And so, I am going back; Back like a Doc-Marty-Almanac!

For those who don't know me... well why should you? I rock on a hardy score of 1362 (elo) which of the standards today is less than THAN! For increased Fun of Failure check my guild contribrution http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/playerprofile.php?name=ghostbrain

So this lil' idea of Failure Fun is what you can do yourself to increase game enhancement in your own way, without feeling trapped into a higher meta. Title arises as zo...

META! For SAKE!!!!

Meta is simply, really really simple. So I will show you some handsome deck builds through a slightly unconvientional manner, that you will probably wanna' make, but (for the intended reader) probably can't! (BTW this can be alot better if I had sed cards neccessary- though it is almost a titlating factoid of the true game style that happens ((afterall; Rarity is Everything)))

In the examples below you will find three samples of things which create a 2/1 build (two priests, two wiz, two warriors, one whatever else) the accessibility is dependant on what you own.

Toughest Warrior?
    Level 19 Dwarf Warrior

Tackling the "Big Fish" first, one must understand the complexity of luck and disadvantage. In any dwarves case, movement is a massive downer. So every attack card, should mostly be, and mostly will be a step card. The noticeable factor of creating a good warrior dwarf comes from draw, which is why adding three blind rage from one Crazy Sal is all worth it. Basically, it's the easiest way to add draw to any warrior so far.

So here's the thing, if truly- TRULY the secret is one of two items in warriors builds which are- VP, or Crazy Sal's. Why am I using Eixocl's Hammer? What's the big difference? I can easy add 2X same of either VP, CS by removing some gold token, heck I could add a bejeweled sword to the mix! (Why not, you're going to rock on step any hey?)!

It is flawed (bold I know!), and actually completely flawed. Crazy Sal only gives service to this build due to the purpose of gaining armor and move. Because of it's short coming, bashes are required to gain a turn or two on vp squared orientated maps, add pressure etc. (you probably always freak if someone moves your character, especially if unanticipated from something thats not wiz). In actuality the meta becomes thus, can't remove armor, you are "in a creek". (probably takes 3 turns til this becomes a massive truism against the above dwarf)

Hmm, well I wanna discuss here that you may think on elvish warriors. And I wanna describe an even bigger flaw I've noticed tackling these type of high move big impact warriors. Elves lose hp alot, Alot.
    You cannot, and should not, use the same iternary to the above dwarf for an elf, changing the free elven maneuvers to add one token. The most obvious reason is the force to rush with such amount of blind rage. If an attack is executed on a highly strung Elvish Maneuverable Elf, it is to either daftly attack, or destroy you, but that is your gamble at this point, not theirs.

I'm a NastyHorribleWizard
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

This is pretty much the singular best verion of a burst wizard without a legendary to come by.
    Why? Well hmm.... take the example of the previous dwarf. It owns in simple diversity. This, in the same way does all that cycle, to a slightly less advantage because, Whorl's are very, very hard to work with; However: what you lose through damaging your own, is probably gained through life blocks. It isn't the best thing, but it is hard to get any real good attack+block cards onto a stave to start with... You basically gain in creativity and unexpectedness. (expect, though, this to be less unexpected after posting). Pretty much it's the same ol' trait cycle ideal that has been "quietly" unspoken as a simple rule in any constructed deck.

Hmm again! I find it very difficult to call on any other wiz race. It's abit easy to discuss a very definite version with warriors. I mean, humans own group moves. (does that idea belong in a 2 wiz/1 whatever build?) If you shift on having two warriors and one wiz like this, but humanified, that's great. But mostly using just one burst wiz, they rely extra buffs from priests. Damage is far, but weak. You could go to leadership, I guessss! Yea... you definitely could; but that's a problem. Is it not similar to a lucky dip lotto card with two lines of the same numbers? Kinda suggests to the opponent of having no idea what's next... Kinda-ish!

Elf wiz, hmmfph! Gotta be sure it ain't against no other wiz in that scenario!

The final third version is very improbably unworkable: Two priest, whatever else. Rarely used (Not that it shouldn't be), what priests gain in buff/debuff, however, is lacked in either armor or attack. The true strength of it's class lies in the aspect of two of same form, coming from the speciality of drain attacks over buff over move. The problem here is it takes a much longer time to gain anything other than an incongruous mess of buff. (You like most, probably ignore debuff in a priest deck)

bad Luck beast
    Level 20 Dwarf Priest

Essentially this really is my own blend, not in tune with any meta, but I sort of predict that this is a 'would do well' mess. For the astute reader, you get to see here why you have problems with priests. Honestly "Problems with Priests" should be it's own entire thread. I swear down now!
    To summise quickly and ultimately, getting a great build is done by reducing stock in deck, whilst keeping the useful cards wanted. Knowing what is called useful is dependant on draw and who you play. You can bare with this spoiler rant if you want that adds some clarification....,

In the discussion of card games as a whole (without the blurred chess aspect), the unique difference of cardhuntria-ia is there are cards automatically played. This to me is awesome, but it's apparent validity to certain classes and races can become noticeable. Most notable is the recent arguments on human skills; another endevour of the community to discuss how significant a decent trait is. Though with reasonable assessment, it looks entirely justifable to give two 2+ frenzy to a dwarf as racial traits due to lack of movement; realistically it becomes at very best (in the sense of balance) six 2+ frenzy to dwarf that are six cards automatically played with all step moves included. (The damage against having rage is nothing compared to the damage inflicted through those crazy sal steps!)((exactly the same with squemish on wizards, it does not matter if say.... buffed, or, bursting!)

The warriors get lotsa cool blind rage, the wiz get lotsa squemish. Neither trait significantly damage you like priest traits will. Right now, for example, the only one that doesn't hurt you straight away is vulnerable, and that adds +2 damage per attack against you for 2 turns. It's very hard to swallow, as a deck builder. Basically death becomes easy if you go down this route. (look through your priests divine item under 'trait' search and see how abysmal they look compared to arcane types if you don't believe me!) It is almost enforced to use cards that must, and directly impact a turn to cycle. Actually, this makes the priest the slowest to react to any situation. Intentional or not, the hardest, by far, in a 2/1 build is that of priests.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    Accent, Fifjunior7, CT5 and 1 other person like this.