How much money have you spent on Cardhunter?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Tryan, Oct 6, 2013.

?

How much have you spent on Cardhunter

1. Less than $25

26.7%
  2. $25

36.0%
  3. $25 - $50

20.0%
  4. $50 - $75

12.0%
  5. $75 - $99

1.3%
  6. $100+

4.0%
  1. Tryan

Tryan Kobold

To start the ball rolling, I'm at $25 but unlikely to spend anything more.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I spent 50 bucks (mostly to support the devs). Have used about 800 pizza in game (adventures, club and some figurines - no chests or starter packs).

Also, I voted 25-50. I could have voted 50-75 as well - I think poll needs a bit of adjusting.

3. pliers

pliers Goblin Champion

$20 in Beta, which refunded on live. I bought the treasure hunts, club membership, and a MP deck (I started on MP as soon as the first forced tutorial match ended, rather than waiting for level 6).

I spent another $20 after the game went live, just to support the Devs, but haven't spent it. It's 700+ pizza sitting in my inventory for future club memberships, basically. I might hold off until the next set of maps after this one though, as I'm really not a fan of them and have been playing a bit less as a result.

I figure I'd easily spent up to $50 without having to justify the money further, since the amount of time I've spent rivals or beats almost any other game I could have purchased. It's a great game, and if it was $50 to buy the box at a store, I'd have jumped at the chance.

4. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

25 on the basic edition

I might put 10 a month or so to support the game if it continues to be good, either on club memberships or new 'bundles' of membership / lvl 18+ adventures

5. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

I think I spent 50$ during the beta, mostly to support the devs.

I still have plenty of that pizza left, I'll probably use it on future treasure hunts and new figures.

I did buy the 1 month club membership but I probably won't renew it after it expires though...

6. Meff

Meff Kobold

I spent $25 and will spend again when there's an expansion, new character class, or more quests to buy.

7. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Spent 10 bucks so far, wish I would've bought the Starter Edition thing in retrospect. For some reason the game didn't really click with me during beta so I didn't feel like buying 25$ bundle when it went live. Been playing a lot now and will most likely spend at least another 10 bucks when there's more PvE content.

8. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

$25 for the base game. It may go up depending on future content. I could easily spend another $25 and not even blink if the quality continues.

9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Spent 25$ on the Basic Edition mostly because I fell in love with the game and wanted to support Blue Manchu. Glad I did.

Likely to spend more in the future, especially if the devs keep up with the amazing work. If they manage to make MP even more balanced and are able to release high quality content on a regular basis, BM can have all of my money for what I care ♥

10. Meff

Meff Kobold

I totally agree. For how much fun I've gotten out of this game it is worth more than most other games I've played. It's up there with Binding of Issac and the old X-Com it terms being amazing and cheap.

11. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

You should have had a $0 option as well as a $1-25. There's a pretty big, and interesting, difference between spending something and nothing at all.

Kalin likes this.
  12. 25 for the starter in my case and for mostly the same reasons that everyone mentioned, support the devs great work, and it is as fun as other 'full' games if not more, I will likely spend more.

Does it work on a tablet? I may have to get one if it does cause I wanna be able to play it more often!!

I used to be a magic player, started before 3rd ed. Playing this game reminds me of those days.

13. Tryan

Tryan Kobold

Yes I agree. Unfortunately I can't seem to edit the poll. Happy to do it if you could let me know how. Alternatively, if any mod is looking at this, please feel free to amend accordingly.

14. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

They are looking into it, don't expect it to happen to quick though. BUT, there are workarounds that let you play it even now: check here and here.

15. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

$15 (during the beta). Basically to buy the treasure hunts.

16. Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack Mushroom Warrior

I spent 10$ to get all the treasure hunts and I'll probably buy all the next P2P adventures.

17. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

I bought some pizza during beta and just bought some more to continue my crazy, crazy cardhunting spree.

(Honestly, though, I don't feel I need it to play but I want to support Blue Manchu for making a niche game I was craving. So I bought some figures and stuff.)

18. Veris

Veris Kobold

This sums it up for me. I think I'm at $45 to $50 so far, between the Basic Edition and a Pizza order for the new figures. For the amount of enjoyment in the game, it's a bargain.

For my part, I like the idea of paying the devs for something I value; but also, looking at the simple math of spending over time, I've spent hours upon hours since launch playing or thinking about the game.... How much would I pay per hour to have fun? It's certainly more cost efficient than a $5 Starbucks for 5 minute of enjoyment.

Not that I don't like Starbucks. And yes, I drink my coffee fast :)

19. Aviar

Aviar Kobold

Picked up the basic edition for $25 as I came into beta with only a couple of weeks left in it. Very glad I did. Will probably spend some more if new quests come out later on.

20. Cazliostro

Cazliostro Kobold

I spent $25 on the basic set. If BM came out with a downloadable version including all the current content plus a roguelike / angband-style random dungeon generator for the SP campaign I'd gladly spend $60 to own this game forever.