Highlight Line of sights from a tile when left clicking on an empty square

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Galdred, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Galdred

Galdred Mushroom Warrior

It would be nice to be able to get Line of sight from a square without first moving there. I know we can plot them using highschool geometry, but it would really make the game more fluid not to have to compute whether we have line of sight from an empty tile to another empty tile before moving there.

2. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Ctrl + Right-click already does this. Or maybe it was ctrl + left-click, too lazy to start the game to check.

3. Galdred

Galdred Mushroom Warrior

oh, thanks! It is ctrl + right click indeed! How did I miss it for such a long time?:eek:

4. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

I'm not sure the game itself mentions it anywhere. I read it here on the forums.

5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

This post should be stickied! Best tip ever.

6. MagicLance

MagicLance Mushroom Warrior

+1 on that neoncat.
    Here an image of a game where LOS kind of behaved strangely.
    I could not find another thread dealing with LOS so I think I'll place it here.
    http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/73/99rs.png
    The 2 blocks should have prevented LOS to my character unless there is such a thing as looking around corners.
    I personally find that LOS should be more limited and thereby simplified.
    The way it is now one can hardly use the terrain to hide from opponents.
    A cone like LOS that goes cone like behind every LOS blocker would be better and a lot easier to follow.

7. Wow.. awesome, awesome tip. This is a feature I've been longing for since day 1.

8. Sazanami

Sazanami Orc Soldier

Amazing! Thanks :D

9. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

And stickied for now.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This should definitely be explained in the game ultimately.

Turbo164 likes this.
  11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm pretty sure I saw it in one of the random pre-battle hints, but it's not in the list on the wiki.

12. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

If I had known this gets all sticky I would've bothered to start up the game to check which one it is. ;)

13. Yth

Yth Orc Soldier

Flaxative likes this.
  14. Yes, this would be good.

Also I don't see the point in stickying every single topic that has something useful in it. This particular topic for example has only one tip, yet it is stickied. And to make matters worse, it's stickied in the Feedback and Suggestions section which makes no sense. It would make more sense if mods or admin would start one sticky topic in the gameplay section where all these tips were collected.

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Yth

Yth Orc Soldier

Yes, the best would be one sticky compiling links or text from all stickied posts. Something like:

To see our Forum rules, click here!
    To see tips for beginners, click here!
    To see the wiki, click here!
    To see tips for entering multiplayer, click here!
    For random other tips, click ... etc.

16. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Hmm, good idea actually.